The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Pass the marshmallow

I'm gonna collapse.

Snow cancelled rehearsal. Which is a bummer because we're so close to performance. But which is a blessing because now we get to rejeuvenate. So, it's all in God's hands. And I'm attempting not to panic overmuch re: music and time and lack thereof of both. And vanilla scented bubble baths are from God (even if we keep drifting off to sleep), and long talks with Ch. about Irish music are great because they're not about theatre whatsoever, and looks like IOBE and H. might be a go for next year, which prompts the thought: H! *shudder* ...oh, no... what am I thinking of?!??!?! Or somesuch.

Monosyllabic lingual skills are creeping near again. Countdown: T-minus-ten days, six rehearsals and counting.

Mood: Lethargic
Music: None at the moment, other than various mechanical buzzings
Trepidations: Many and varied
Thoughts: What will this day be like? I wonder.
What will my future be? I wonder.
It could be so exciting...to be out in the world to be free!
My heart should be wildly rejoicing....
Oh
what's the matter with me?

I've always longed for adventure...
To do the things I've never dared!
Now here I'm facing adventure...
...then
why am I so scared?

A captain with seven children -
What's so fearsome about
that!
Oh! I must stop these doubts, all these worries -
If I don't I just know I'll turn back!
I must
dream of the thing I am seeking:
I am seeking the courage I lack.

The courage to serve them with reliance
Show my mistakes without defiance
Show them I'm worthy
And while I show them
I'LL SHOW ME SO....

Let them bring on all their troubles!
I'll do better than my best!
I have confidence, they'll put me to the test!
But I'll make them see, I have confidence in me!

Somehow I will impress them...
I will be firm, but kind...
And all those children!
(Heaven bless them.)
They will look up to me -
AND MIND ME!

With each step I am more certain
Everything will turn out fine -
I have confidence the world can be all mine
They'll have to agree I have confidence in me!

Strength doesn't lie in numbers;
Strength doesn't lie in wealth;
Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers -
When you wake up...
WAKE UP! It's healthy!

All I do I put my trust in,
All I love becomes my own,
I have confidence in confidence alone...

...oh...help...

...I have confidence in confidence a-LONE!
Besides which you see
I have confidence in me!


Scratch that bit about "Music: None" - hah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home