The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, February 25, 2005

Done for the week

With rehearsals, and now off to two music lessons, and then slapping kabuki (sp?) make-up on folks for The Mikado! A theatre glutton's life is never done.

Actually, I was thinking about how, ironically, I thought at the end of my freshman year of college: "Oh, I'll be a theatre major here because I'll never do theatre after college because it's impracticle." Then, on the day of graduation, I went to the theatre and wept because I was sure that theatre was gone from me forever. And then I somehow convinced myself just before I went to Theatre in England one year out from college that somehow I was being sent there to purge theatre from my blood. And...here we are. God and His saints must be constantly chuckling at me! Heck, I chuckle at me. So, once again, praise You, God, for giving me more than my heart's desire! Alleluia! Praise You, Lord, now and forever, amen!

Right. Have to finish up and get off to music rehearsals. Which is its own irony (thinking all those years ago when I left high school that I had given up music forever, and then believing that again after I left St. Bernadette's - wow. Oh ye of little faith! What a dweeb I am).

Mood: Spike is singing to me again.
Music: Spike is singing to me!
Thought: My room is chilly. But not chile. Or Chile. Which is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home