The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I should like it to be known

That despite all odds (aka a three and a half audio tape lecture to Pete on Sayers)...drumroll, please....

I HAVE BEGUN WRITING AGAIN!

I mean, writing fictional prose, as opposed to writing musicals or other such things. Hoopla! As of this minute, I have a solid 1,718 words written (aka 6 pages) Which Is Nothing To Be Sneezed At.

(I have also found an appropriate writing CD, The Hours. Pure poison movie but good CD. Rather ironic after mentioning Virginia Woolf a bit in the Sayers lecture.)

Anyway, it is also a mark of fantabulousness that I have a) named two new lordly houses - those of the Wyvern Steep (our hero) and those of Duarchdaim (our antagonists), along with two of the earlyish scions of Brannaugh and Llewellyn and the heir of Deirdre and Reid mac Fionnabhar, Ceilyn. Hoopla! Go me making up that uber-huge geneological chart sometime last year that named a whole heck of a lot of people and so provided me with the names and exact relations of Ceilyn, Eduard and Llewellyn Ys. Nyah!

I'm of two minds, however, as to whether Ceilyn goes with Eiswyn from Duarchdaim (which would be politically savvy, but romantically frustrating), or with the romantic alternative. My guess is that Jules will push for the romantic ending rather than the saddish, pragmatic one, mostly because of the eventually upcoming novel where the Gate is broached and whoever would be Queen can hardly allow herself to even touch the hand of the invader Reyjori guy, even though they'd be perfect for each other. All so very tragic. Yes - I'm guessing that the romantic will win out.

What I have thus far I'm pleased with - although it's odd to be writing again and to get back into the mode of "This is just a rough draft! This is just a rough draft! There will be time to flesh it out later!" after the hustle-and-bustle of playwriting. There's time for a million visions and revisions.... Thank God! So, anywho, I'll go back, finish up this little section, perhaps bring my count past or at least very nearly two the 2K mark and then retire for the evening because silly me, I am up way past my bedtime.

Mood: I'd be skipping for joy if my ankles weren't wrapped.
Music: The aforementioned Glass-extravaganza, The Hours
Thought: Not too much at the present, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home