The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, December 26, 2004

File this one under

..."what the?"...

So, here I am, battling the great computer once again (who needs a volcano when there's a virgin willingly wading through the lava that is Microsoft?) which is telling me that I have 2GB out of 18 available on my computer when I know that isn't the case - I attack with an assault on the C: drive's "properties" to defrag and clean whilst skillfully surrounding the enemy with Norton Antivirus when - the computer retaliates with an embargo: no movement, nada. I simply lob my hand at the plug and pull it. Then I put it back together, at which point the defeated fortress has no choice but passive-agression, which I smugly ignore by sketching costume renderings for my actors (droooooooooooool!). And now I have my 8GB back. Nyah.

Yeah. So Moresca-style clothing is SO what we're going for. Hmmmm...$10 per parti-coloured tights? And those hats look sooooooooooo juicy...um...nice. (Droooooooooooooooool.) Oh, ho! They may impede scheduladge - but they cannot stand in the way of a pencil on a sketchpad! Doublets and jerkins forever!

(Which always puts me in mind of the Gulling of Benedick from Much Ado. Kenneth Branaugh's brilliant delivery of the Benedick speech against love, particularly Claudio's, and the latter's fascination with the "cut of a new doublet." Ah, spit that nasty word out, Kenneth! Tra la, I love the spring!)

Mood: Pas mal, now that I've conquored the sniveling Compaq, merci. However, I've the odd clean yet mal-de-tete-y rawness just behind the eyes, as though I've been crying all day. I mean, yeah, I teared up quite a lot at ROTK but...I mean, honestly, who throws a cupcake?
Music: Finally opened and played the Troy CD. Really quite good. But then you can't go far wrong with Horner. My eye is set on King Arthur and More Music From Gladiator but will have to wait a couple paychecks.
Thought: Oh, Great Howard Shore, Cleanser of All Things Wagnerian - when, we beseech thee, wilt thou release the Extended Editions of all thy Glorious Music (most noticeably the New and Wonderous Chanson that played over the Lamentably Short Houses of Healing Scene) from LOTR? Ah, Great Howard Shore! Hear our Humble Request! We Musicaholics implore thee, yea verily yea.
Thought Redux: Soooooooooooooo must rewatch The Court Jester.
Thought Thought Redux: Sooooooooooooooo must rewatch Zefferelli's (sp?) Romeo & Juliet...purely for costume purposes, of course.
Thought Reduxiated: I'm so PROUD of Peter! My little pumpkin is all grown up and requested the Complete Works of Shakespeare and is up to act three of Midsummer Night's Dream all by his lonesome! Oooooh! Tweedles!
Reduxiated Thunk: C'est la matinee, maintenaint, et je dur dormir...quelque temps. Folle Amelie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home