The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

I can never tell if I'm running a temp. So, yup, I caught the school cold and I'm hoping that today was the culmination of it. Stayed up far too late again last night, finishing scene 2 editing of Christmas Carol, and reading Alphabet of Thorn by Patricia McKillip which was amazing! And then I slept. Got up - meandered a bit - blew my nose LOTS - got down to the task of making follow-up calls in order to find a theatre - dropped off the form at Kane School to see if we could use that - said two decades of the rosary - made more calls - finished the book - completely conked out - woke up - blew my nose even more - curled up miserably on the couch - watched stupid TV until Jules & Mom kicked me out so that Jules could study for her ethics test - the thought of philosophy woke me up a bit, joked about being glad to take Julie's test for her - went downstairs - computer froze - got it back on - checked e-mail - wrestled with Word documents - and after this and that wound up here.

When one is on the couch with a hand flung over her eyes whilst House and Veronica Mars are on during each other's commercial breaks and the sniffly Emily is muttering to herself in French, one knows that she is very, very ill. Symptoms? The TV is on. (The French is always optional.)

So, onto good news. Visited with Patty a few days ago and brought her the cards. Lovely visit. It occurred to me that I was visiting the sick, which was very cool - but during the course of the two hour conversation, I wondered if I wasn't the sick one being tended to! She and Mom hung out tonight and for that I am glad. Ch. stopped by last night which was unexpected but at least for me turned into a surprisingly nice visit - this and that stories and info that I didn't know about some of the drama at school. And talk of chorus. I swear, I am GLAD to be in my little bolt hole of a classroom. Presumably half my drama kids are, too, because the place is never empty. Also good is the editing of Christmas Carol - and the possibility of Marlborough theatres (please God!).

And super good is the Memorarae: "Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly to you, Virgin of virgins, our mother. To you do we cry, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petition, but in your mercy, hear and answer us." Powerful prayer.

Oh, and God sent us more turkey! (And clementines - a nice change from the Snyder form of quail in the desert!)

Mood: Sick. It's always just this side too hot or cold.
Music: Phantom of the Opera - the new one
Sadness is: Diet Coke dying in the cold weather.
Happiness is: Many many lots of glasses of OJ.
Frustration is: ALL THE BOOKSTORES BEING SOLD OUT OF Going Postal from Terry Pratchett! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Coolness is: The movie of A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Goodness is: Praying for Jules' final final exam! And for those whom I have been asked to pray for. Especially, my kids.
I'm dreaming of: My ooooooooooooown theatre!
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder is: Feeling guilty for not doing more work when I'm ill and I already spent several hours earlier doing work for King of Fools. Honestly, child. You're an idiot.
Sickness is: Evident when I've been falling asleep like clockwork every 4 PM for the past two days.
The Hour Is: Far too late for this little one to be up and about. Gute nacht!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe try MHS's little theater

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Emily. I hope that you are feeling better and that you have not, in fact, become sick. I came across your blog entirely at random. Nice job. I am a once (and future) journalist of religion, so I have both a personal and professional interest in what you (and the others you have linked) are doing. I may be interested in doing a story on the 'religion blog' phenomenom someday. Would you be willing to participate? Also, I love the 'library/books' thing in the margins of the page. Did you design that, or did you find it somewhere? Must run, I will visit once in awhile. Please write/respond if you wish to Jizozen@yahoo.com. My name is Steve. Thanks.....!

3:54 AM  
Blogger Emily C. A. Snyder said...

Hi, Steve -

Thanks for dropping by. The books are courtesy of a picture by a...pre-Raphaelite?...or someone in that era, anywho, I think, that I blew up very VERY large and simply repeated. I'd be glad to participate, but honestly, you'd do better looking at the links from the blogs I link to. You'll see what I mean. Bon chance!

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home