The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Monday, July 19, 2004

Lord, Light the Fire Again

Last night, whilst attempting to write up the prayers/lessons re: the items we'll be processing from St. Mary's to Immaculate Conception at the last Mass, I decided to put aside all my secular music and search out Sean Forrest. Couldn't find him - but I found a CD of Brian Flynn that MJ had given me, oh, years ago, that I'd (gulp!) never opened. Needless to say, I've been listening to it on repeat since.

Now, having finished my e-mailing duties, before I block out the Act II finale of KMK (rather understated, so I'm not particularly concerned - besides which, "I Am Ashamed that Women are so Simple" has been blocked in my mind for several months, now), and whilst waiting for final editing on Brigglekin (It is done! It is done! It is done!) before sending to Arx, I find myself taking a quick jaunt down memory lane in these blogs.

In many senses, I oughtn't call them blogs - I've used this space more as a journal than as a responsible newsblog, as those others I admire do. This was brought home as I perused Jimmy Akin's blog. I am in awe of those bloggers - Mark Shea, Barbara Nicolosi, and others - who are effectively running an alternate newspaper/commentary/apologetics board all on their onesies. My hat's off. And my humility is on.

And those prayers must need be finished. Ah, sad lack of pixellated profundity!

Mood: Music - images of Singing in the Rain drift before my eyes
Music: Brian Flynn
Thought: The putting together of words well is not simplistic. Nor was this post put together well. (Nothing like a good joke....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home