The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, July 11, 2004

Blogdittyblog

More randominity as the movie file is being created.

  • Crewing The Boys of Summer not this weekend but next. Good show, although I don't agree with every bit of sentiment - however it's put together very well with great performances. As crew I do very little (sigh) but I get a headset (yeah!).

  • I'm finishing "Bonjour My Name is Firmin" through "Il Est Bel et Bon" right now. Then I'll do "Frozen in His Dream" and "I Can Show You How to Dance" which will bring me to the completed TANGO! from Bearskin. Fwah.

  • Listening to selections from Andrew Lloyd Webber. Catchy if frequently milquetoasty. But sometimes I like milquetoast with my music.

  • Good to be with the Savoyard folks again. Good to be with people. Although very weird to be doing essentially nothing - not making any decisions - not in charge of anything major - not rushing - not remembering last minute props - not fretting over lights and sound and that scene that simply never works. Whoa...dude.

  • Apparently, I can't plug my keyboard directly into my laptop. This is problematic. Solutions will have to be found.

  • Slipped into confession before Mass on Saturday Vigil. So good.

  • Twentysomething identity crisis...!

  • Isn't it odd? When I consider all my friends who are married, who are mothers several times over, I think that I am far past my prime, that I am simply an old maid with "EXP" stamped across my brow. Then stick me against theatre folk, and I'm more like a chick in a remote nest, all fuzz and no feathers. Neither one thing nor another....

  • The most wonderful thing happened to me yesterday. I decided to go to the Sudbury presentation of Footloose, although I don't care for the play, just to a) get out of the house, b) see someone else's work, and c) support a few Savoyards who were in it. Afterwards, not feeling particularly like going home, I decided to book it over to Framingham to Barnes and Noble, just to a) be out, and b) soak up the atmosphere. On the way over, I sang songs from Thrushbeard then, frustrated when Brosche's song STILL wasn't coming, I switched over to songs from Niamh. Generally, when I stopped at a light, I stopped singing because my windows were down and I felt rather silly. However, at one light on Rte. 9, I was at the very end of "Wilt Thou Not Wake" vocalising the instrumental ending, and I figured that no one could hear me. Not so! As the light turned, I heard clapping from beside me and turned to see this really cute guy in this car applauding and moving forward his car so he could call out to me, "Beautiful voice!" I laughed and called back, "Thank you!" and then - alas - we went our separate ways. Yeah, God, more of that, please?

  • Guten abend!

    Mood: Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
    Music: Selections from Andrew Lloyd Webber
    Bizarreness du jour: I'm suffering paresthesia!

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home