The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Gonnamakeit...gonnamakeit...!
 
First: Happy Birthday to me!  Happy Birthday to me!  Oh-kay...to my journaaaaaal....  But you get the i-dee!
 
Nextly: Loverly time with Jills last night, eating talking driving talking sitting talking....  And then Jules and I went for a walk (not a welk...although that's be fare...far!...more interesting - oy, these keyboards!) today, and then to the Creamery for sundae wonderfulness and ran into Mariah from the Savoyards so we ended up eating ice cream altogether.  Thank God for unexpected (and expected!) friendly encounters.  And for downtime.  Downtime is good.
 
More or less finished "Bonjour, My Name is Firmin" through "Il est bel et bon," and so started downloading the tapes for "Frozen in His Dream."  Although the programs, etc. still have a tendency to act up.  Honestly....
 
Otherwise, I'm forcing myself to sit in this chair, in this room, in front of this computer and write!  I will finish Brigglekin come Hell or high water (or in my case, lots of random little spiders that have taken up residence in the basement apartment with me...sigh).  TODAY!  Hrumph.  Mumble grumble.
 
On a far more serious note, I was over at Mark Shea's website, perusing the daily offerings, and came upon several cloning related items.  Frightening stuff.  Take a look here and here. I need to write a story about it - hopefully sell it to a good magazine and DO something about this.  AAAAAAAAUGH!
 
I've become more and more aware of social issues, with the consequence that I feel less and less able to do anything about it.  I have come to the following conclusions: 1) I'm not God.  I can't save the world.  2) However, I have been created by God with a specific purpose in bettering His world.  3) God, as my creator, knows what He desires for me and my place in the world.  4) He gave me the desire to follow His will, and abilities that fit with His plan.  5) I am therefore called, in order to do His will, to become whom I am meant to be, and thus to aid my world, to act upon those desires that He set in my heart, and those opportunities that He places before me.  6) Hence, the use of my talents and gifts are part of His plan for the salvation of souls.  7) Rather like in theatre, there are no small parts - only small actors, so in life there are no small goodnesses - only small selves.  8) Whatever good I am called to do, I must do it - even if I never see its fruit.
 
Mood: Pas mal, merci!
Music: Gladiator, bay-bay!
Thought: Although this new "word-program-like" blogger thingy is helpful, I'm so used to html that it's throwing me off more than a little bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home