The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Monday, July 05, 2004

Where are the simple joys of maidenhood?

Camelot has wonderful music, although its plot is still - perforce - dumb. After (finally) signing off last night, unfortunately far past the point I realized I was most likely not going to get any more writing done (although, hey, I finished 1,142 words yesterday!), I curled up in bed and thought:

"Just one more sentence, then. In my journal. Just as a prompt for tomorrow. Hmmm, and one more sentence. And an hour has passed in writing longhand! Why, oh why don't I remember that I'm working in longhand better! There is no net access in a journal! And I get to use my really nice pen and watch all the flourishes come off it! Silly Emily!"

Then I thought:

"AUGH! It's 2:30 a.m.! I - must - needs - SLEEP!"

I set my alarm and zonked out.

Only to wake again at 8 a.m.!

"Oh Frabjous Day! Calloo! Callay!"

I all but actually exclaimed. I rushed out of bed. I found my glasses. I put them on and turned around to face my other clock.

Which read 10:04.

*slump*

Apparently, while fully intending to make Mass this morning, I had somehow managed to slip my alarm over to its "set alarm" setting the entire night.

*slumpidy slump*

Which means I'll have to swallow my pride (again) and beg parental units to gently wake me each morning so that I can go to Mass with them. (They're both currently napping after the 7:45 a.m. with Father Ignatio over at St. Mary's. Mom's been taking initiative and posting Mass schedules on the doors again. Go Mom!)

So, I'm practically finished with Brigglekin, alleluia! I even got them past the point when Brigglekin throws everyone out (including poor Dwadle. I have such a soft spot for those characters who aren't as bright as their peers. I want to take Dwadle in my arms and say, "It's alright, honey! You don't have to be like them! You're wonderful and precious and a treasure yourself!" and then hug and hug and hug him. He's a fictional construct. Oh, how we fool ourselves!). So I've only got to get Brigglekin to the Edge of the World - and Dwadle will follow him, hurrah!

Lord, please change my character to fit Your will. Amen!

Mood: It's raining outside. Sigh. (Yes, that's a mood.)
Music: "The Merry Month of May" from the original stage recording of Camelot
Thought: I like my new layout. Oh! For such a library!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home