The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Thee, thou, thy, thine

*sigh* I Hate Men from KMK was just on. She's addressing all the women in the audience and is using "thou" and "thee." I mean, honestly, who confuses their plural and singular pronouns? Anywho....

I just finished doing a preliminary detailed cast list, naming each character - on-stage and off. Several people have multiple roles - this is a good thing. Should be fun. I'm far more confident today. Could be the loss of five pounds this week! Alleluia! It's been so long!

I have confidence in sunshine!
I have confidence in rain!
I have confidence
That spring will come again!
Because you can see:
I have confidence in me!

Strength doesn't lie in numbers;
Strength doesn't lie in wealth;
Strength lies in nights of
Peaceful slumbers
When you wake up -
WAKE UP!
It's healthy!

All I love I give my heart to;
All I love becomes my own!
I have confidence in confidence alone....

...oh help...

I have confidence - in - con-fi-dence -
A-LOOOOONE!...

Because you can SEE:
I have confidence in meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


Well, techincally I don't know if it's confidence in me, but it is a great song.

Got through editing the aborted wedding in Much Ado. Managed to convince Jules to drop the car for Mom so I don't have to pick Mom up, since I have to give a ride to the Gibbons. Must remember to do paperwork for Hilary. I love my producer. Producers are from God. Managed to explain the belief in the True Presence to my Jenny Craig consultant - curious that. Have put in a wash...and turned it over! (It's the little things in life....) Have apparently decided to make love to ellipsoids. Hrumph. ("I can't make love to a BUSH!" Bwahahahhahahahahhah.)

Missed Mass this morning again - aaaaaaaugh! I had set my alarm and everything and then, simply, woke up too late, and so collapsed back and frustrated myself by not waking up until two hours later. Note to self: I will train myself to wake up for morning Mass this Summer! I WILL train myself to wake up for morning Mass this Summer!!!

It's amazing how reorchestration of a song can completely make or break a song. Evita reorchestrated is marvellous; "Too Darn Hot" is awesome reorchestrated; the odd version of "I Will Survive" that came out back in the mid-90's had no rhythm. So...there.

Mentioned to Hilary possibility of doing a Spring Chamber Theatre. Here's to hoping it goes through! Went with Mom to Borders' coffee shop yesterday where I talked her ear off about Murder in the Cathedral and Tartuffe. We will do them, precious, yesssssss yessssssssssss. *Insert meddling hands here* Otherwise, the goal of this weekend is to block, block, block, block!!!

Terribly sorry for such a silly update that ends up being more of a to do list. Ugh - I am such a workaholic. I've been comparing myself lately to Jules who is so sweet, so giving, so concerned first for others, so uncomplaining, so self-controlled, so restrained...and here am I, more passionate than I admit to myself, proud, self-centered, frantic, domineering.... Is it any wonder, really, that I have found myself where I am re: Real Life? Something is wrong when I am kindlier on-stage than off. But even here I exaggerate. Perhaps this is why I dislike emotion so: I dislike not being in control and I am exhasperated to find it within me. And yet, let me consider who I was in highschool: I let no one get close to me, I certainly would never reveal who I really was, nor would I admit to being hurt nor would it be "cool" to be wholly happy. But even here I exaggerate - this darn writer's curse to make things more than they are! Is it a sort of professional myopic tendency, to magnify everything in writing in order to better observe the minutia? Yes, I think that is correct (and non-hyperbolic). But the truth, without exaggeration, is that thanks to theatre and college and life and God, I have opened up more and allowed myself to bleed more on stage. But how to stanch that in real life? Or rather, having found a heart, I need veins. That's a messy metaphor! And I am slipping into hyperbole again. And I wish there were more than two concise words for exaggeration and hyperbole in the English language.

So, welcome to life, Em. Congrats: we're none of us born perfect. And life is granted us to learn how to become whom we are meant to be. Strive for Heaven, remember Dante, and have patience with oneself. And there will be time, there will be time.

Mood Je suis voicie, et c'est bon.
Music: KMK, what else?
Thought: I think I've a little bit of time before I have to leave. My initial thought is to panic: what have I forgotten to do! My second reaction is to laugh: silly Emily!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home