The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Return to Randominity

Because I'm too lazy to think in paragraphs.

  • I'm still not sure how to fully relate. It has its ups and downs and I feel more than ever that I'm simply Fortune's Fool (or at least a Prattling Fool - yeah, I'm a PF). Sigh.

  • Pre-Production Stage Shift: one day before the beginning of KMK and I am at the "What? Oh, gee, yeah, I'm starting a show tomorrow. Shoot. I don't feel at the least anxious. Shoot - this could be bad. Oh, Lord! Give me butterflies!" This will be followed by tomorrow's flock of butterflies armed with Potchgultian needles. Oy.

  • I like my producer. She is a good producer. Thank God for producers!

  • Yesterday's dance recital went very well and at a good pace - which is remarkable for any recital. The opening was my favorite - AMAZING tap number to an orchestral version of the title to 42nd Street. Trav's solo was wonderful - esp. the amazing backbend with one arm raised to the Heavens. Nice silhouette - it ought to be on a cover somewhere.

  • Am in the middle of finishing up Character List for tomorrow's audition. I want to get together set ideas as well. Be Prepared! Or as prepared as possible. Mr. Dougherty would be proud. Now I just need to get a binder for my script.... And a few other essential things to make me feel like I'm ready for any contingency.

  • Editing has been delayed thanks to KMK. I should have expected it - my life really is ruled by play seasons - but that means I'll have to make my apologies to Grace. I feel like an idiot - but I think she'll forgive me if I have to put it off until Wednesday. There shouldn't be too much I need to get together for the first read-through/rehearsal (whichever it ends up being), thank God!

  • So I figured out how to make overlapping images that allow through video. HOOPLA! Now if only I can figure out how ArcSoft did those awesome "frames." I tried building my frame based around what I saw in their files, but it wouldn't load at all. Weird.

  • I am lonely. This seems to be a common refrain among many, and I feel rather plebian (not to say whiney) adding my name to that list, however - to become metaphysical - I can't help but think that this is not an unnatural state in this world. But I become metaphysical simply to cover up the very simple reaction, to which even prideful I am subject: I am lonely.

  • Barbara Nicolosi over on her blog wrote about society's loss of satire. This is something I've thought for quite a while: when nothing is sacred, when there are no norms, there can be no satire. At its best, satire should recall us back to normalcy - but if we deny reality, if we live in a constructed and destructive fantasy, then how can we show reality? But this ought to be the subject of a full essay, and I would do better to save it for a coherent whole rather than this confusing abstract.

  • Metaphysical obscurity in twenty questions is irritating...but fun.

  • Not...enough...time...!

    Right, I'm sure there was more. There always is. But I really must work on the handouts for tomorrow. AIE!

    Mood: Conflicted
    Music: The new CD of Kiss Me, Kate - trying to get in the mood.
    Thought: There's a disturbing impromptu shrine to Diet Coke on my desk. Hmmm, overcaffinating? Yeah.

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home