The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, June 18, 2004

Does dance of joy

Over on our writing forum, one of my friends posted a challenge to write what a character might keep in his sock drawer and why (an unusual thing to keep in a sock drawer, naturally). Since I've been working this week at pre-KMK stuff, as well as some other stuff, I didn't get a chance to really look at it and wasn't going to do it but...thanks to Procrastination (TM), I got out at 1.4K word scene for (drumroll) Poityr!!! (Cue: Hail, Hail the Gang's All Here) Hoopla! I love doing Cecile/Roberd scenes. I like those guys so much. Even if she's turning to the dark side. Hmmm, now I've put all this stuff in there, I've got to figure out what it all means. Well, actually, this is the strange thing about being a writer is that I know what it all is/means essentially...I just didn't know it specifically until I wrote it.

Must make DVD for Laurie to give to her at tomorrow's recital. One of the scenes won't be edited - more's the pity. But you know what? Oh well. Now if only I can find my Brigadoon 2 tape! That's the one with all the GREAT close-ups for the Funeral Scene. Dear Saint AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTHONY! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?!?!?!??!

Oooh, and taking a solitary walk down by the cemetary and then deciding to run in the grass barefoot is muchly wonderful.

Mood: Triumphant but waaaaaaaaaaaaay tired
Music: The recent movie version of Les Miserables - it's my official underscore for all things Arianja
Thought: I don't think I've ever properly run barefoot that I can remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home