The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Good Idea, Bad Idea

Things that make me frustrated:
  • Not knowing schedules beforehand
  • Having prework to do and not getting my act together enough to do it
  • Making exams
  • Writing curricula
  • Writing (worse) "mapping"
  • My debit card, for some inexplicable reason, being denied, despite my recent frugality and feeding of the senseless beast two days ago!
  • Not being able to sleep
  • Being exceptionally cold downstairs on the cusp of summer
  • Many many lots houseguests...making it uncouth to walk around in one's skivvies.
  • Having definitely gained weight
  • Not being able to purchase for advanced HP3 tickets due to aforementioned stupid debit card issue
  • Lack of purple grapes at the supermarket
  • Putting my foot in my mouth
  • Having lots more curriculum to cover...and no time to cover it in
  • Writer's block (aka perfectionist editor)


  • Things that make me glad:
  • Having a weekend with Jules last weekend
  • Having the house to ourselves (kinda) these few days
  • Having cash on hand due to new allowance method which seems to be working and means I can still buy groceries when credit union decides to be a miserly idiot
  • Having cash to give to parental units
  • Grocery shopping - fun to be out and about and doing something
  • Revising Ostrung
  • Arx
  • Tales of the Twelve Kingdoms
  • My leetle choir
  • My stage managing triad
  • Beginning to orchestrate Thrushbeard
  • Realizing a song I had written for Twelve Dancing Princesses seems to actually be one of the few missing songs I needed for Thrushbeard
  • Coming up with poignant, dramatic, surprisingly pro-life and FWAH dialogue scenes for Thrushbeard whilst looking around the supermarket in vain for purple grapes
  • Victory chicken salad. Nuff said.
  • Listening to the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast and being deeply affected by it again
  • Beautiful music - mine and others
  • Clean laundry that I've actually already folded. Nyah.
  • My room at school
  • Pride in recent artwork for TotTK
  • Silly acronyms
  • Memorial Day/Graduation party and loooooong talks with fellow FUS-ers
  • Having TONS of projects
  • Having found peace
  • The rosary


  • Mood: My neck has a cramp
    Music: "Is This Home" from Beauty and the Beast, not the best of all the songs, but the one that seems to have lodged in my brain. The ending bit is really good with: "Build higher walls around me"...and I forget the rest. "Nothing (laaaa) can (laaaa) hold me in!" FWAH. Je suis Belle.
    Thought: I have missed having a real stage manager. This is so good. And...I only have twelve substantial rehearsals with my KMK kids! AAAAAAAAAUGH!
    Thought Redux: MSND was good.
    Savvy: Vote for Captain Sparrow!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home