The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, January 04, 2004

No, sir, we don't want the chocolate,
We want the veggies (really)


Ha! No, we want the chocolate - but the veggies were quite good. And it helps that the chocolate got somehow messed up with heaping teaspoons of baking soda apparently and a lack of brown sugar - and the trail mix is an interesting idea but give me good old chips. So the urge to chow down is therefore alleviated. And despite complaining about a lack of lettuce, the salad was really quite good. (We want the salad; the salad is our friend. [Why is it that Smeagol keeps popping up his head everytime I do one of these parentheticals? "Why does she cry, Smeagol? Mean cookies hurt us! We must hurt cookies back and EAT THEM! No *whimper* no, the salad is our FRIEND!" LOTR: brought to you by every day life.])

The grand scheme I had to print on the uberduber Epson upstairs has been thwarted by the paleolithic computer that can't read neat-o font files, even when I finally figure out how to share them with senile upstairs computer. So we are printing on the ancient HP (the good thing about HP's is that they DO last...) with all the "best" options chosen, hoping against all hope that it'll work better this time and all the .jpg's will be read easily by said upgraded dot-matrix.

In other news, am making progress on last bit for tomorrow's mail, Mum has agreed to send out said mail (laughing as she remembers doing similar in HS when I would send away short stories with return postage for a rejection slip), and my brain is still wondering about the dances. I keep having to tell myself that REALLY, I can keep them still for periods of time - that's not a crime. They'll still be moving more than usual! Hrumph.... Please God, let me have my study and my free tomorrow! Were they taken away, Things Will Be Messy Indeed. Completely stressed. Wigging out at the least little unexpected noise. It's a good thing I've a largish space to myself so that I can kick-box in aesthetic rhythm to heavy-metal-lite Evanescence. Am going to do so for a moment again before putting on Pirates and listening for hours to "Climbing Over Rocky Mountains" and other prattle....

Mood: Going off the deep end - wheeeeee!
Music: My Tourniquet by Evanescence - fitting.
Thought: So THIS is what a decapitated chicken looks like. Fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home