The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Saturday, December 20, 2003

"Silence is deep as Eternity,
speech is shallow as Time."


~ Thomas Carlyle

Quite a bit to report, yet no current inclination to do so. I am free, I am free, I am free. For two weeks I am, more or less, free. Free to write The Sable Valentine. Free to sit down and converse at length with Mom. Free to see LOTR:ROTK (twice, precious!) without constantly worrying about the Next Thing/Appointment/Rehearsal I Must Do. Free to wear jeans. Free to dye my hair a slightly deeper auburn (sometime this vacation! It's something I've had the dye for, for the past two years but have never gotten around to doing or have been prevented by fear of looking silly before admininstration/students/folks I have to keep a certain profile around. But now that my position is securing itself better - or at least, I am less fearful of keeing it secured, it is at last time to deepen those reds already in my hair! Yippee! :). Free to burn the many candles at my disposal thanks to wonderful students. Free to wear fuzzy slippers. Free to organize costume-y stuff for MSND. Free to finish blocking for both that and Pirates. Free to enjoy music as more than background noise. Free to play gin rummy with Mum and whoever decides to join in. Free to consider knitting scarves with Jules. Free to take long, long walks with occasional bursts of running. Free to visit Sh. Free to take a better look at my accounts and consider that long-awaited external HD. Free to perhaps edit (but write first, write first). Free to perhaps use a Biore strip (ooooh, the shocking scandal! The self-indulgence!). Free to play the piano more and less violently. Free to enjoy Christmas lights. Free to enjoy Christmas. Free to sing at vigil Mass. Free free free!

And I am happily content. On to writing! *siiiiiiiiiiigh* :)

And finally, "Oh-ho! Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!"

Mood: Goony smile and vanilla scent
Music: Schindler's List with a long line-up of "mood music" for TSV.
Prayer: Little Patrick and little Robin, please pray for us! Pray for your brother, and your mom and for dad to get a job. Pray for us all. Lift us, like Sam lifted Frodo, and guide us to salvation to meet with you at last. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home