The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Thursday, January 01, 2004

Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for Us!

When one is utterly stuck and despondant over such trifles such as, "What is a better more French-y word for 'gazeebo'? Portico? Rotunda? Aaaaugh! Terrace? Veranda? Halp!" there is nothing much more soothing than changing one's desktop wallpaper to The Madonna of the Streets, putting the Memorarae over that, praying the Divine Mercy Chaplet and then looking at William Bougereau oil paintings of Our Lady and the Christ child, such as L'innocence (pictured right), whilst playing soothing Enya, much needed after an evening of Strauss waltzes and Baroque fugues. I am flushed, I am stressed, I needed to pray.

And I remember, that I am not the greatest among women, and I am much relieved. I remember that my work is nothing in comparison with the Child that Mary bore. The sacrifice of my time is not my redemption, but my Savior's Crucifixion is. Mary, Mother of God, please pray for me, please intercede on my behalf to your Son, who nestles close to your Immaculate Heart. Please bear me as you bore Him. Please comfort me as you comforted Him. Please teach me how to be like you, so that I might serve your Son, my God, perfectly as you serve Him. Amen.

Mood: Fading fustre
Music: Enya, A Day Without Rain
Thought: Wow...my life is so suffused with music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home