The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Tuesday, December 30, 2003

Josh Groban & BJD

An odd combination. I have taken the majority of today off - I doubt I'll end up taking the night off, insomniac that I am - and have finished reading The Da Vinci Code. Utter stupidity. Painful at best. Ran errands which included a trip to the library where...my book is on the shelf! I happened to face it out. Near the JKR books. ...snicker.... Picked up BJD since I'm feeling non-fantasist and to read someone else's epist. novel (kinda) to see how she did it re: mucking with time, etc. Well written if completely modern British. Rather sad, really. Can people - DO most people - really live like this? Really believe this? How terrible! Regardless, rather funny. Images of the movie actors overshadow everything, giving it flesh as it were. V. helpful. And now I am writing like her - augh! It's like when I spoke in a southern accent while reading Gone With the Wind.

Fortunately, I wrote about 1.6K words last night. Hurrah! I'm about to finish up writing Giselle's account of the Liberation Fete, and then I'll finish up Dr. Snow's account of his trip to Celestime, and then I'll print it all out, proof it and send it off tomorrow afternoon. Hip hip hoorah! Still have to make a picture for the last Thine Ocular cutting. Am thinking of making it a cutting and not the full page. Hrumph!

And now to dinner. Or rather, to sit with family whilst they eat. I have a tech meeting tonight. Not particularly nervous, thank God. However, I'm never very good when I have something LOOMING late in the day. I feel as though I can't do anything BEFORE said "Loom Point." It's the reason I hate working part-time. I end up wasting so many hours WAITING for my work to begin.

BJD is not realistic. That is to say, I've no doubt it's highly factual and that such lives are lived all over the modern western secular world...but it is a fantastic, unrealistic way to live. It is not truthful. It is not neeful. Who was it? Eliot? Who wrote that wonderful phrase: "Unreal city." That's BJD. My room smells of gingerbread candle. *snerk* Josh Groban's newest CD is mournfully crooning in the player. I think I'll turn him over for something else when I come back down to write for a bit before I leave. Loverly conversation with Jules late last night - about nothing in particular. My goodness, can she sew! GORGEOUS gown she made herself. Once again, I am full of dress-envy. But I'm really pleased for her and massively impressed. This is not a skill I have (or rather, one I probably COULD have but have no desire to acquire at the moment). It is not a passion I have might better way of putting it. I am so glad things are not weird at my house. Pete finished The Carniverous Carnival. He seems to be feeling better. And I am full of randominity!

Mood: Existential
Music: Josh Groban, something Italian-sounding
Thought: Curious that soy in lasagna can taste like meat. Whoda thunk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home