The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, January 02, 2004

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens,
Brown paper packages tied up with strings -
These are a few of my favourite things!


Dying deep crimson one's shoulder-length tresses,***
Ogling over Julie's deep green dresses,
At seven this morning MS finishing -
These are a few of my favourite things!

Visiting friends over sweet-teas and suppers,
Pouring White Zinfandel into my cupper,
Families who let crazy kids still sleep in -
These are a few of my favourite things!

End vacation, start directing,
(Grading drives me mad),
But I'll simply think of my favourite things
And then I won't feel so bad!

***The picture to the right is not of me now, although the colour is about right. And yes, that was my natural hair colour the summer of 2000 when I went to *sigh* England. When the sun hits it right, I am very Irish. Otherwise, I am apparently every and any European you feel like throwing at me, since most every person I met - with perhaps the exception of those in Italy, presumed I was native. Hmmm....

Or, if you prefer the Lenten Bellwether variation:

Fasting, abstaining, Lenten sacrifices,
Self-mortification is really the nicest.
And in Bellwether there's Lenten lemmings -
These are a few of our favourite things!

Holy Thursday, then Good Friday,
Holy Saturday's here!
The best thing about Lent is:
It comes only once a year!


And now off to do the final final final proof of TSV. *sigh* *creak* *moan*

Mood: Chipper, faaabulous.
Music: Enya, once I press the play button again
What made my day: GORGEOUS sanguined tresses, courtesy of two tries at dying it, the first attempt of which left my front very red and my back nothing, the second of which deepend and evened - hurrah! I am now one very clean girl. It is good to indulge sometimes. Also good were visits from Sharon and the arrival of the latest Entertaiment Weekly (although the latter runs a very distant second).
What ruined my day: A toss-up between Life With Bonnie being ousted in favour of football and being dimwitted enough to stay up writing for TWELVE HOURS, from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Well, at least I finished for the nonce. This is going to be one heap big novel. Not impossible, though. And I'd forgotten what fun it is to use dramatic narrative irony. Tee hee hee! "Your language reveals you, sir." Hmmm, this isn't really ruining my day, is it.
Upcoming: Plays plays plays, to paraphrase Hamlet. *sigh* Oof, my back hurts already. Lord, I'd be soooo grateful if tomorrow's work day could help get my metabolism up again? Danke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home