The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Thursday, January 01, 2004

Young Girls are All Secrets

"Free fish in me belly!"
"The universe is a vast trust."
"Kill her with yesterday's poisoned needles."
"Live like eternity lingers."


Just some gems from the magnetic poetry (better poetry through refridgeration!) I got Dad for his birthday last April. Anywho, I have spent this past, what, two hours...TWO HOURS!?! augh!...drawing up a side-view of the Palais Juste so that I can write Giselle's account. I know I need to figure out a bit more about the Palais proper as well, nor is the side-view completely accurate whatsoever. Which is why I have the overhead view as well. But it does for now. And it SO helps to actually draw the architecture out, and so go, "Ah-HA! It's not just a neat statue, it's a support structure for the bridge, AND a LAMP!" Everything one creates in fantasy ought to have a practical application. Thus quoth Zarthrustra. Most everything we create in real life - with the exception of bric-a-brac naturally - has some purpose. Well, even bric-a-brac is decorative. But you can't have an ENTIRELY decorative society. It simply doesn't work. I had some cool thoughts this morning which are once again eluding me. Instead, I shall post my very cobbled-together-for-my-sanity collage of what the basic side view of the Palais Juste (originally the Vieux Lu) looks like. Kinda. (I.e., "Evening Mood"-ish type goddess would be on the opposite side of the bridge, there'd be all Thirteen Laughing Ones, the palace would be more defined - we're just seeing the curving around near the front, all wrong proportions, and the lower rooms behind wouldn't look like part of the palace. Not that you wanted to know that.) Whoopee! (Click on the image to enlarge it.)



Mood: Man, I'd like to live in the Palais Juste....
Music: Pride & Prejudice - "Light, bright and sparkling."
Thought: I am such a kinetic learner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home