The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, January 09, 2004

Mal de sinuses

I determined that I have finally succumbed to the winter chill as of last night during the double rehearsal. The clincher was that I felt no guilt whatsoever about calling into work sick last NIGHT, rather than waiting to see if I'd be better in the morning. Always a good test, that - the conscience. Saw Alex and Emma, fell asleep on the couch, woke to go downstairs and fall asleep where I'm meant to sleep, wokeup around 11, early enough to ask for tea and cheerios, fell asleep around 11:30, woke again at 12:30 for breakfast from a wonderful family, read until 1:30, managed to pull myself together to meander around until 3:00 at which time I managed to get myself THINKING before the computer to set down in blocking form mode the info for the first three songs of Pirates, and am currently on the last one. Will then print out, copy off, get myself looking less miserable, and bustle down to rehearsal where I will rehearse, come back, collapse, and wake up to find out if my body is going to make any of its Saturday appointments. Oh, and I'll make up exams this weekend. The Rude Mechanicals rehearsal was AMAZING, yesterdays was good but the actors who play the fairy courts have yet to "click" - will have to do something bonding together with them - something utterly silly. Julie ratified my concerns re: the PM in PoP. HA! I say. And now really must finish "Oh, Better Far to Live and Die" - have pared down a LOT...this is good...it is perfectly acceptable...it will work better anywho, I think...hope...yeah.

Mood: My left leg hurts for some reason. May be all the kicking, kneeling, lying and kicking, standing and crouching I did yesterday when blocking the Fairies' entrance....
Music: Had been Enya for the longest, was ROTK once, and over that has been the mental jutebox of PoP.
Thought: I imagine it would be far easier to be IN a play than direct it...or to be IN one play and directing another? Am envying my actors. LOL!
Aaaand... YES! To my right is a PIRATE! (Go see the new Peter Pan.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home