The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This morning

As I trudged unwillingly upstairs to the kitchen at the ungodly hour of 8 a.m. in order, like a good child, to drive my brother to school and thinking about some order of business I had to resolve regarding the music for Bye, Bye Birdie and going through my week's schedule of voice lessons, music rehearsals and time to compose opera...

...I realized that I'm currently making my living off of music. I'm a frakking musician. (Or, as Bach might say, a fugue-ing musician! Ah ha ha, the jokes.) I'm a working musician. I'm being paid to be a pianist. As Strong Bad might say: "Whatthe...gurputhpt?...afrt!...huh?"

This comes in the week that Julie is spending as a professional artist. And this afternoon, after rehearsal, I was asked if I'd consider directing one of the one-acts for HHS in a few months. Naturally, I said yes.

So...how weird. I guess we really are musicians. (And directors. And editors. And....)

Mood: Perplexed but bemused.
Music: My latest CD which is either "Time of Your Life" or "Carry On My Wayward Son" or something akin to that.
Happiness is: A G&D DVD available Friday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes yes please direct competetive plays this year. Preferably the junior class.
Love, Allison

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home