The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

What to get the girl who doesn't like coffee

Being a silly dyfersion, wyth no particular meaning excypt mine own eddyfication

I don't like coffee, Sam-I-Am
I do not like it, like certain eggs-and-ham
I do not like it plain and black
I do not like it with sugar packs
I do not like it with milk or cream
The flavour's enough to make me scream
Expresso makes me jittery
And lattes seem too frittery
Even a taste, I say, "No siree!
I'd rather be English! Give me tea!"

The tea I'd have is black and good
Some milk and honey, and some sugar should
Make the Earl Grey better still -
Leave the pot with endless refills!
Give me a pot, it hits the spot
A pad and pen, some time and then
I'll sip and write and think a bit
Better than your roast-blended wit.

Mood: And now, alas, to getting the place together for lessons
Music: Mental "Johanna" from Sweeney Todd. Mental and not aural only because I wore my iPod out listening to the song on repeat whilst writing in the cafe. Oh, how very Bohemian of me!
Thought: Yes, I should like to play Mrs. Lovett. Can I direct at the same time, too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home