The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Maybe I'm a little bit over my head

I come undone at the things he said
And he so funny in his bright red shirt
We were all in love and we all got hurt


Isn't curious that we put ourselves out to be judged based solely on opinion and varying taste? Really must stop doing that.... From those almost too much in the know, to the technological beggary for comments, we set ourselves up for criticism. Boooooo.

Spent time upstairs watching Monk and Psych with the familia - whole kit'n'caboodle, Johnny included. Went to Boston today. Found out how to get from Rte. 20 to MassPike - go me. Had fun singing, but probably did worse vocally than before - totally thrown by the thought that I was just always sharp? But there were high schoolers in the back who seemed to be having a good time. That was nice. But, alas, another resounding no in that regard.

HowsomEVER, I will not let this dampen things! The folks at the place that does matter, and - more - that folks here who really do matter in the day to day, in the reality of the self, in the shared history and in friendship - alles gut with them. And that is the most crucial part of the whole thing.

Went out with Mums last night to celebrate Emerson. Muchly fun and provided lunch for this afternoon. Yay for Uno's in Westborough never really having a wait! Huzzah! And double huzzah for the friendship and wisdom and love and joy and sweetness of Mum.

Dad and Pete went into Boskone today and apparently had a loverly time, which I hoped they would. I think it was Dad's first SF/F conference - I know it was Pete's. Unfortunately, have yet to grill them on every moment an all they did (wanna bet it was mostly gaming for Pete and a few panels for Dad?) but I'm glad they had a good time.

Set continues to come along. I kiss the feet of Bonnie and all who come diligently week after week. In further Guys and Dolls news, a quickie promo is available here. It doesn't have the phone number, etc. on it, but it's decent for having basically no footage to work with. Yay for photoshop and headphones with mikes!



Mood: Curieux
Music: "Missing" by Evanescence - second on my top 25 most played - right behind, what else? "Comptine d'une autre Ete."
Prayer: Lord, for all my kids. Amen.