The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Oh my darling, oh my darling

Oh my darling Clementine!
You are lost and gone forever -
Dreadful sorry, Clementine.


Right, gacked from Krissytina, who gacked it from her sister, who gacked it from who knows where, but which is muchly fun and randominity. Jules, when you get back, you are hereby taggled.

Da Rulz

1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question.


Tee hee hee. I am not, as Dave Barry would say, making any of this up.

  • What does next year have in store for me?
    Only Hope by Switchfoot

    "There's a song that's inside of my soul/It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again/I'm awake in the infinite cold/But You sing to me over and over again. So I lay my head back down/And I lift my hands and pray/To be only yours/I know now You're my only hope."

  • What does your love life look like?
    Nothing Else Matters by Metallica

    "So close, no matter how far/Couldn't be much more from the heart/Forever trusting who we are/And nothing else matters. Never open myself this way/Life is ours, we live it our way/All these words I don't just say/And nothing else matters. Trust I seek and I find in You/Ev'ry day for something new/Open mind for a different view/And nothing else matters."

  • What do I say when life gets hard?
    The Show Must Go On by Queen

    "Empty spaces/What are we living for?/Abandoned places/I guess we know the score/On and on/Does anybody know what we are looking for? Another hero/Another mindless crime/Behind the curtain/In the pantomime/Hold the line/Does anybody want to take it anymore? SHOW MUST GO ON! Inside my heart is breaking/My makeup may be flaking/But my smile still stays on."

  • What do I think of when I get up in the morning?
    Havana from Guys and Dolls

    OK, it's an instrumental piece, but it's the biggest dance number in G&D and it has rather been plaguing my nights!

  • What song will I dance to at my wedding?
    Can't Take It In by Imogen Heap

    "Can't close my eyes/They're wide awake/Ev'ry hair on my body/Has got a thing for this place/Oh empty my heart/I've got to make room for this feeling/So much bigger than me/It couldn't be any more beautiful - I can't take it in." Le sigh.

  • What do you want as a career?
    Hello Beastie from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

    Again, another instrumental suite - but, boo-yeah. Captain Jack Sparrow going into the belly of the beast, that's about it mates.

  • Your favorite saying?
    She Likes Me for Me by Blessed Union of Souls

    "She don't care about my car/And she don't care about my money/And that's real good 'cause I don't got a lot to spend/But if I did, it wouldn't mean nothin'/She likes me for me!/...But what she sees/Are my faults and indecisions/My insecure conditions/And the tears upon the pillow that I shed."

  • Favorite place?
    I Am the Voice by Eimear Quinn

    "I hear your voice on the wind/And I hear you call out my name./Listen my child you say to me/I am The Voice of your history/Be not afraid - come follow me/Answer my call and I'll set you free./I am The Voice in the wind and the pouring rain/I am The Voice of your hunger and pain/I am The Voice that always is calling you/I am The Voice and I will remain"

    Hrm, so either Ireland or the past....

  • What do you think of your parents?
    Lady Come Down from The Importance of Being Earnest

    "The Western wind is blowing fair/Across the dark Aegean sea/And at the secret marble stair/My Tyrian galley waits for thee/Come down the purple sail is spread/The watchman sleeps within the tower/O leave thy lily flowered bed/O lady mine, come down!"

    Apparently, my parents are living in an Oscar Wilde comedy of manners. And my father serenades my mother. Freakishly true.

  • Where would you go on a first date?
    Party Preparations from Chocolat

    So, this either means that I'll feverishly invite someone over for the hustle and bustle and hurly and burly of a family cramped home party (entirely likely), or we'll all go to a French patisserie (more yummy, but less likely, alas).

  • Drug of choice?
    The Strenuous life by Scott Joplin

    Heeeeey! No fair playing the workaholic card! (But the highly talented and creatively inclined workaholic card....)

  • Describe yourself.
    Who Will Save Your Soul? by Jewel

    "People living their lives for you on TV/They say they're better than you and you agree/He says "Hold my calls for me I must go"/Says "Come here boys, there ain't nothing for free"/Another doctor's bill, a lawyer's bill/Another cute cheap thrill/You know you love him if you put in your will/Who will save your soul when it comes to the flower/Who will save your soul after all the lies that you told, boy/Who will save your soul if you won't save your own?"

    Hrm. Not Another Opening, Another Show? ;P

  • What is the thing I like doing most?
    Not Quite Paradise by Bliss

    "Take the path of least resistance/Into the great unknown/No directory assistance/Now you're on your own/If you're looking for a new earth/Just open up your eyes/Because it's not quite paradise/But it sure feels like home/It'll be all right/Though it's not quite/Paradise"

    So, appparently, everything on the earth?

  • The song that best describes the president?
    Night on the Balcony by Philip Glass

    A fragile harpsichord piece in repeating fugal Glassean tone, created as incidental music for The Screens which is about Algerian-British unrest and civil strife. Pick a metaphor.

  • What is my state of mind like at moment?
    Bittersweet Symphony by the Verve

    " 'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life/Trying to make ends meet/You're a slave to money then you die/I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down/You know the one that takes you to the places/where all the veins meet yeah/No change, I can't change/I can't change, I can't change/But I'm here in my mind/I am here in my mind/But I'm a million different people/from one day to the next/I can't change my mind/No, no, no/Well I never pray/But tonight I'm on my knees yeah/I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah/I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now/But the airways are clean and there's nobody singing to me now"

  • How will I die?
    Sunset Soon Forgotten by Iron and Wine

    "Be this sunset soon forgotten/Your brothers left here shaved and crazy/We’ve learned to hide our bottles in the well/And what's worth keeping, sun still sinking/Down and down/Once again/Down and down/Gone again/Be this sunset one for keeping/This june bug street sings low and lovely/Those band-aid children/Chased your dog away/She runs, returning, sun still sinking/Down and down/Once again/Down and down/Gone again"

    Say it along with the Far Side now, "D-mn fool rode off into the sunset again."

  • The song that will be played at your funeral?
    The Imperial March: The Empire Strikes Back by John Williams

    HAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAH
    HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
    HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH...ahem.

    Tee hee.

    Mood: BOW DOWN BEFORE ME MORTALS!
    Music: The last above
    Thought: And this one's wet and this one's wet and this one's wet....
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home