The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh, snookums!

ADDENDUM: Came across this quote on Janet Batchler's blog, and had to post it above and beyond anything else.

"Nothing is too wonderful to be true."
~ Michael Faraday


Ah-ha! As Julie would cry. This is just...leibenstrudel! Right. Enough squeeing. Off to an informal production meeting. I'd forgotten that I need a schedule for my life. Thank God for voice lessons. Amen!



Mood: Mieux
Music: Nada
Thanksgiving: For the glorious sunset as I drove home today after lessons. On a whim, I took the long way home (and then the even longer, and the longer by a bit way home - yay for Massachusetts backroads!) and had a perfect view of His handicraft. Alleluia.

~*~


Silliness continues to abound! Taken from Jimmy Akin's blog, a curious little quizzlet.

  • 1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus.
    The Chaplet of Divine Mercy, the Anima Christi, and the Sacred Heart

  • 2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer.
    The Memorarae and Salve Regina

  • 3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
    When I first learned about scapulars and medals at Steubie-U, I wore them ridiculously much. Now, I don't wear a scapular - mostly because if I do, I want to do it properly, and I don't know that I could make the devotion to a daily rosary at present - but I do have a St. Raphael/Guardian Angel medal on my car keys.

  • 4. Do you have holy water in your home?
    Yup, right here by my computer actually, however I need to bring it into the church to fill up again. Also, my other keychain for the school has holy water from Knock Shrine, Ireland on it. Yay!

  • 5. Do you "offer up" your sufferings?
    All. The. Time.

  • 6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
    Blushes and whistles unobtrusively. Actually, I was doing fairly well a few years back with completing a First Friday (Sacred Heart) devotion, but then got tripped up the last two or three months of the devotion. And since then, between my schedule and the lack of evening masses, I've not been able to pursue it. Boooooooo.

  • 7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration? How Frequently?
    I do go, but not often enough ever. Oh, for the Steubie-U days! Booooooo again I say! Actually, that's one of my secret plans with Gaudete. I want it to be so large, in part, so that I can build a church or at least an adoration chapel and convince the diocese to allow me to have Him with me! BWAHAHHAHAHHAHAH! And then I shall traipse over there verily muchly at two in the morning.

  • 8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or a Sunday morning Mass person?
    It depends on what the masses are like and what my schedule is like. (Yay for being Catholic and multiple mass times!) I tend to prefer to go on Sunday, although whether I go to the late Sunday morning or the Sunday evening mass depends.

  • 9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
    Hyup! Hurrah again for Steubie-U habits! Hip hip hurrah! Although I tend to say multiple graces. Dunno why.

  • 10. Favorite saints.
    Too many to count! Among them and in no particular order: St. Francis of Assisi, St. Augustine, St. Thomas More, St. Edmund Campion, St. Peter, St. John the Evangelist, St. Cecelia, St. Theresa of Avila, St. Catherine of Sienna, St. Mary Magdalene

  • 11. Can you recite the Apostles' Creed by heart?
    Yup, but like most folk I get it mixed up with the Nicene Creed. To be honest, I prefer the Nicene, though.

  • 12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
    Again...All. The. Time. Frequently they tend to be simply His Name over and over, or "Oh God, help, amen!" Or just little muttered conversations to Him. But, essentially all - the - time.

  • 13. Bonus Question: When you pass by an automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
    Bonus question? Oyveh. Yes, or when I see any sort of lights or sirens go by, I tend to say, "God bless whoever needs that, amen!" (*shakes head* Bonus question, honestly.)

    Jules, you are hereby taggled. Stick it on your LJ, the Lordress High Leibenstrudel has spoken! HA!

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home