The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dreaming of a Blue Rangel!

Although, frankly, I have no idea where to get a copy of the Squirrel Nut Zippers CD's, but regardless, swing music is fantabulous.

Bed in a minute, but before I lay me down to sleep:

  • The Labor Day Parade evokes in one a sense, not merely of civic pride, but also, I suppose, a sense of human sympathy, comraderie, and mirth. Strange, and Chestertonian, too, to see the Clydesdale (sp?) horses - as well as the teeny ones - and to realize that but for "modern learning," we might retain a sense of awe around such strange and massive monsters. Alas, that all our learning should be used for no greater purpose than systematic de-imagination!

  • School is good. Gossip mills are not. Syllogisms, false or true, at this hour escape me.

  • God bless the soul of Mr. Vuong. Amen!

  • And now the blessed bed (Lord, how great is Your abundance!) calls me, and I must obey. The weather turns; a single blanket does not suffice. Somewhere in there is a poem.

    Mood: I'd write more, but....
    Music: Pure by Hayley Westenra - exquisite
    Thought: They began rapelling in today. Amazing!

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home