The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

'Tisn't even very funny

I - Couldn't - Get - To - Sleep - Until - 7 - O - (*#%&ing - Clock - In - The - MORNING!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh! Fortunately got to Emerson OK and in time (they own the Majestic theatre...they OWN the Majestic theatre!!!) and the tour was very good even if the grad. admissions lady was an ubersnot. Ha! I sing "Don't Rain On My Parade" and "I'm the Greatest Star" at you! (And then go home with massive blisters and an urgent need for comfort tuna and Coke.) So, I wonder why I'm so tired? Silly, Emily. Seven a.m. Good grief. (They own the Majestic. Have I mentioned this? They OWN it.)

So, anywho - feeling now rather at sixes and sevens because I'm too tired to really do justice to any actual project and I can't go to sleep now lest I wake and not go to sleep again until 7 a.m. Which would be just too ridiculous to believe.

*nnnnngh*

Mood: Regarde en haute. Well, that, and determined. As one might say to an unsuspecting Emerson, "I'm so totally gonna OWN you!"
Music: "I'm Just a Girl" by No Doubt off the Hamlet CD.
Encouragement Tapes: Do just that. I actually was weeping - in a good way - in the car to the lyrics of "Heaven's Eyes" from Prince of Egypt. And I lost it at "To Life (Lechaiem)" (sp?) from Fiddler on the Roof. Well, I cried for a bit to it and then when it got to the dance break I mentally choreographed it. Dude, when I do that show, it is so going to rock. (Can you tell Blur's "Song 2" is on now? Oy.)
Appropriate Lyrics: From "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" as sung by Gonzo from The Muppet Movie:

This looks familiar
Vaguely familiar
Almost unreal yet
It's too soon to feel yet
Close to my soul
And yet so far away
I'm going to go back there someday.

Sun rises, night falls
Somewhere the sky calls
Is that a song there?
And do I belong there?
I've never been there
But I know the way
I'm going to go back there someday.

Come and go with me
It's more fun to share
We'll both be completely
At home in midair
We're flying, not walking
On featherless wings
We can hold on to love
Like invisible strings

There's not a word yet
For old friends who've just met
Part heaven, part space
Or have I found my place?
You can just visit -
But I plan to stay
I'm going to go back there someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home