The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Continuing Hymns

To mediocrity leave me baffled. Once again proving Catholicism via Pratchett (probably himself via Chesterton who is via - you see): "Down there...are people who will follow ay dragon, worship any god, ingnore any iniquity. All out of a kind of humdrum, everyday badness. Not the really high, creative loathesomeness of the great sinners, but a sort of mass-produced darkness of the soul. Sin, you might say, without a trace of originality. They accept evil not because they say yes, but because they don't say no." ~ Guards! Guards!

At some point I'll have to write an essay commenting on Joss Whedon's commentary track for "Objects in Space" from Firefly as well as the teeny-bopper audience reaction last night to the trailer for Saw II.

Mood: Still baffled
Music: "You cried/I wiped away all of your tears/You screamed/I fought away all of your fears/I held/Your hand through all of these years/You still have/All of me" ~ Evanescence, "Haunted"
Quote du Jour: "Do I need to give you the lesson about peer pressure?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home