The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Saturday, July 23, 2005

Amazing Grace

The more I live - which, admittedly, to this point is not much - the more I understand the mysteriousness, the awesomeness and awfulness of grace. Thank God, thank God, He's seen fit to flood my soul very early this morning, and through my dreams, and even now with Himself and His all-consuming love. What a difference! Nothing has changed but for the presence of Himself manifest in my heart. And the grace to cherish this moment of grace, for however long it lasts. There was that time in college of manifold spiritual gifts - but I don't think I appreciated Him as much as now in this simplicity - I love Him better for the knowledge of the lack of Him. And, Lord, You know I can't sustain my love without the strength of Your grace. If it is in Your will, continue to strengthen me in devotion and constancy! Amen!

So to the simple household tasks before chicken and pork (ah, another blessing! Yay for the visions of Peter and the first council of Jerusalem!) this afternoon. And by grace the fiasco that was yesterday - 3 hours up, 2 back to Portsmouth, NH, in order to see middle schoolers perform jazz as a prelude to a musical that was rained out - is laughable. Ah well.

Mood: The peace that surpasses all understanding
Music: "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve off of Hamlet
Thought: Yeah - I like theatre. It's good to know that hasn't changed after all. Epiphany fish! Epiphany fish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home