The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Oatmeal on my shoulders

Makes me happy,
Oatmeal on my windshield
Makes me cry...
Oatmeal almost always makes me high.

~ The sound of John Denver turning over in his grave

So, before I forget, ideas for music to use for the MTV Hamlet:

  • "Dangling Conversation" Simon & Garfunkle for the Mousetrap scene
  • "Don't Speak" No Doubt for the "Get thee to a nunnery" scene
  • "Going Under" Evanescence for Gertrude's account of Ophelia's death
  • Some John Denver song for Pelonius - or possibly "Where Have all the Flowers Gone" by Peter, Paul & Mary
  • "Foolish Games" Jewel for when Laertes & Pelonius warn Ophelia not to have anything to do with Hamlet
  • Hamlet will sing the last verse of "Mrs. Robinson" to his mom in the closet scene - just before old Hamlet shows up
  • "Cat's in the Cradle" (Cat Stevens? I forget) for Hamlet's meeting with Old Hamlet
  • "The Angel Opens Her Eyes" Live (Lightning Crashes) for Ophelia's death
  • "Smells Like Teen Spirit" Nirvana for Guildenstern & Rosencrantz's entrance
  • "O Fortuna" Opera Babes for Horatia's opening speech
  • That war song thingy from "Ten Things I Hate About You" for Ophelia's mad scene

    I'm sure there'll be more but this is a good opening. I'm thrilled and really looking forward to Hamlet! Hoopla! In other potentially good news (*looks surrepticiously from left to right lest the electronics overhear me and decide to be obstinant*) I think I've found a way to output (export) the edited video straight to VHS! Oh, please God! It worked once and then didn't work and so I'm going to try it again now. Jules took me out of myself after my nap this afternoon (sooooooooo tired - stupid Emily) and we went for a drive and DQ - so good. So needed. I've been all broody. Silly Emily.

    Back to actual work at hand. Must pull my act together better for next year. Feeling oddish not having a structured play to wrap my world around right now. It doesn't feel like the end of the year. Yet only tomorrow and then a half day - hardly seems conceivable! It'll be post-play empty-hands again. Ah ca. Must learn to be in civvies.

    Mood: Pensive, but far happier for my sister
    Music: Live
    Prayer: Lord, bless and keep and make miracles and give guidance to those for whom I am praying! Amen!
    Tomorrow's Feast: SACRED HEART!!!

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home