The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Monday, May 30, 2005

I'm so excited

I can hardly say, "Narf!"
...in fact, I think I will say, "Narf!"
NARF! NARF!

~ Courtesy of Peter Snyder, aged 5-something, years ago in NJ

So...despite being uber-tired now (uber-mude?), despite having been up until 7:15 this morning, despite having to do some finagling with the computer to upgrade its speed (aka - turn it on and off - the tried and true method of dealing with stupid machinery)...

THE ROUGH CUT OF "KING OF FOOLS" IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!

(And there was much rejoicing. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay.)

Of course, now comes all the tedious bits of converting it from .avi to .mpeg, and then figuring out how to use Adobe really to make the DVD, then hoping and praying that the new DVD writer actually, y'know, writes the DVD...but the essential thing is that I've a rough cut of the whole 2 1/2 hours. Hoopla!

So, this morning, round about 6 a.m., when the program was making the final file (credits - took forever because of the scrolling marquee et. al.), I betook myself for a walk around the block and immediately thought: "Wow. It feels like Austria." That crisp, clean morning scent - the greenery - the newness and aliveness of everything. The Alps might have been right behind me.

Needless to say, I was in high spirits that hour - and so, being thusly happy, and needing to find a) a way to fill up the time before the program had done and b) breakfast, I drove out to Pricechopper to pick up bagels. (Yum. Bagels!) They were playing some happy music in the store - I forget what - some '60's love song, and as soon as I was out of sight of the few folk manning the store I traipsed about and twirled and danced my way to the bagels. Finding the bagels (and a sale on the bagels, too! Better and better!), I skipped my way around the corner until I found a completely deserted (not desserted) aisle and I frolicked! YES! Frolicking in the supermarket absolutely completes my morning. I got my bagels, went outside and started belting at the top of my lungs:

Good mornin'! Good mo-o-ornin'!
It's great to stay up late!
Good mornin', good mornin'
To you!

When we left the movie show
The future wasn't bright -
But come the dawn
The show goes on
And I don't wanna say good night!

SO SAY GOOD MORNIN'!


In the car, I "ner-nered" my way through "Good Morning, Life" and then belted "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!" (Happiness, Miss Piggy!) And then, at 7:15, when I couldn't keep my eyes open any more and my program was done and I shut this silly thing off, and after I left a note for my family - I done gone fells asleep. 'Til 1:45ish. At which point, I am roused to greet company for Memorial Day. Which is fun until my total lack of hand-eye coordination on such a bizarre sleep schedule means I spill Lizzie's beer on me. At which point, I betake me here, because I do have that interview tonight for the Savoyards and ought to get myself together for that - at least mentally. (What is it about Savoyards interviews that I'm always working on very little or bizarre sleep before them?)

Anywho...

Narf. Narf.

Mood: Oh, c'mon! How could you miss it?
Music: Kingdom of Heaven to counteract the mental "Fish Slapping Song" from Spamalot on the mental jukebox.
Thought: Yeah, so as I was trying to remember who did what backstage for King of Fools for the credits area, I realized that I had KOF programs in the next room. Geesh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home