The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, July 02, 2004

A Word from

Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man:

Go see this movie!

Excellent, excellent - wonderful in so many ways. A few scenes with a bit of cheese, and an ending that I could have had answered in the next movie, but with those very minor complaints, this was just WONDERFUL.

And in the file of lines which ought to have movies made around them (aka note to self):

Woman/NOW Member(?)/Sometime Lesbian(?) who just recently had an abortion: Shut up! Shut UP! You can't understand. You weren't there. I had no choice - don't you see? I had no choice.

Fiance/Friend/Father(?): You had no choice. He smiles, but only as a reflex. There are no tears in his eyes yet. That will happen later, when he can think again. No choice. And here I thought that's what you were fighting for.

Mood: Gut - Galatea-y
Music: Amelie - so many problems with the movie, but pleasantly existential music. Love dem French!
Thought: Must - write - screenplays!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I agree! Incredible! My only real complaint was that the Green Goblin wasn't too interesting the first time around, so why are they bringing him back? Can't Harry become Venom instead?

Bring on #3!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Emily C. A. Snyder said...

Because - I believe - that Harry DOES become TGG (at least in recent comics).

BTW - who are you? :)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry. Forgot to put a signature on there. I'm Sean T. M. Stiennon, AKA Suuran Songforge.

Yeah, I don't read the comics...I just hope they'll bring Venom in at some point.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Emily C. A. Snyder said...

Oh, hey Sean. :D My comic book reading days have gone down dramatically due to a) finances and b) DC, Marvel, Et Al killing all of my favorite titles! :*(

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home