The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, January 11, 2004

One down, four-fifths of the other to do

Muddling through the senior exam, now that I've finished up the sophmores! Hoopla! And after a burnt bag of individual popcorn, I have successfully made and eaten a second bag (unlike the teabag that decided to explode this morning in the cup whilst in the microwave and so I decided to drink milk straight instead). On my third coke. Must - stay - awake. Existential music on. In a tank-top wearing mood, if it weren't so cold.

Do you have any idea what she's rambling about?And what's with all the "individual sized" this and that? Indicative, is it not, of our fragmented society? Ah - that was my thought from far before. Speaking of fragmentation, I've been feeling rather like I haven't had a proper day in a while. My days are fragmented into bits of days, into episodes, into hours melded together, disdainful of each other's company. I have episodes of mornings, of afternoon rehearsals, of evening rehearsals, of this errand or that, of this stretch of time preparing for another stretch of time which despite the obvious connection are not connected. It is lamentable that our lives have becomes so individual - that is, separated, fragmented, unhuman - in this so-called "progressed" and "civilised" West...but that such fragmentation should reach the level of the individual himself, so that his very being is shattered from within as well as from without. We are a world of Humpty Dumpties, with no King's Men to even acknowledge our shattered fall.

Mood: Le peu - je le fume, moi. Ou est que c'est ma vin rose? (Rose comme mon sang; mon sang, qu'il est lentement comme les jours sur le mer. Mal franglais, mal franglais!)
Music: Was Alison Kraus, is now Royal Tenenbaums
Thought: Ugh. Exams.
Caption for above picture: Pippin (whispered): "What's she saying?"
Sam: "I don't know - but I don't loik the sound of it! Mr. Frodo - are you all roit?"
Frodo: "It's growing heavier!"
Merry (thinking): "I don't know how, but I look really good in this picture!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home