The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Wednesday, October 01, 2003

And I? Am sunburnt.

Or at least really, really hot-cheeked. Not blushing. Just in need of sleep, methinks (perchance to dream? Aye - there's the rub). More random thoughts:

1) Drawing religious art is in itself a meditation on Christ. I've a student who's searching right now who's drawing this gorgeous picture of Christ with all this imagery. Lord, do Your work! Amen.

2) Why are we so moronic when it comes to illegal and legal aliens? In California they give all these privileges to those who have simply skipped the border - rather like cheating on an exam and getting full marks - and then we make those who are trying to abide by our laws jump through hoops whilst jeering and hitting them?! The head of our Religion dept. is from Central America, and has been called into immigration for the past two days for whatever reason. He's stood in a line for a cumulative of twenty-four hours, and when he finally got to the fellow the first day, they closed the doors on him, and on the second day they told him that the paperwork he had been given the day before was expired!!! Gah. Makes me ill. Our nation is actually screwed up - that is, turned the wrong way around.

3) Fueling this greater understanding, I'm reading Ann Coulter's Slander. Although I myself would rather not align myself with either party, if forced I should say that the current conservative Republican stance is closer to my beliefs by a long-shot than the wacked out to left field liberal Democrats. Anywho, it's fascinating to read this well-documented, humorous and insightful book. Moreso since I myself, mainly through the Christian Guide to Fantasy have been on the receiving end of name-calling. There's a lot of good stuff in there about the nature of lies, and by extension the Prince of Lies. Good fodder for stories, there! And sick sick sick to read what this world is doing to itself. Oy! It's so plain: example, abortion is the systematical murder of infants. No doctor refutes the claim that a pre-born baby is a human baby. Then put the question to any person who has not been inculcated with "liberal" fog and I guarantee you they will recoil in horror to learn how many BILLIONS of babies have been cut to shreds and thrown into garbage cans. The truth, the facts are so very plain...and yet we are very happy to listen to soothing lies and not mind the shadows we are becoming.

4) My mother is wonderful. I love my Mom. She washed my pillows and made my bed. I did not ask her, I did not even think of washing my pillows, I know she's tired, she knows I've had a ridiculously difficult few days (car got a flat while our other cars are in the shop, etc.). Moms are great. And too much taken for granted. Lord, bless my mother! (It's amazing how such simple things can completely change one's attitude towards life. Do an act of sacrificial kindness today. It'll do you a lot of good.)

And on that note, Peter's bugging me to watch a movie with him.

Mood: Flushed, but well
Music: Enya, The Celts
Thought: Mellowed Orange M&M's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home