The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, September 07, 2003

The Epiphany Fish Strikes Again!

OK, so I walk away for two seconds to take off my whitening strips, and I'm thinking for some reason about Fr. Larry praying over me today after mass and how he said something to the effect of, "You do such a good job [teaching faith]; I've seen it." And I was thinking how embarrassed and humble I was feeling. The thought came to my mind...if he knew what I was really like, all my sins...he wouldn't say that!

And then I realized. Father Larry's my confessor. He actually DOES know my sins (well, priests say they're given the gift of forgetfulness most of the time after confession, but the point is that at least while I'm confessing he's listening). And he still said that.

So, how much more does my Heavenly Father, who knows even those sins I don't realize, who really knows me inside-out...how much more humbling and exalting is He?

Wow. Makes you want to bend the knee.

Music: Avril stopped, but that last song was: "I'm naked/around you/does it show?" Divine humor there.
Mood: Gonnamakeit
This is an Epiphany Fish: A combination of Smee and Dori

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home