The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Monday, July 28, 2003

Webpages tame the savage beast

First, let me say: God bless Jill! :) Wonderful woman, thank you for calling and chatting! I am now all in a fanfic mood myself - I'll have to see if I can't whip up a little Pwll/Elowen scene as a present for you. Right, backtrack....

Skimming the Saga of Emily's Laptop (actually, didja know I named the laptop Elowen the Fair waaaay back in December 2001? I'd forgotten that until I was looking up the "backstage" stuff on it to see if I could free up memory), and then hitting the "oh look - aren't we cute and holding in our emotions and aren't mundanities silly?" post and can we say irony folks? That ought to go in a book or a play somewhere. Very Mrs. Bennet-y - rather as though Jane Austen had decided to write Jeckyll & Hyde! Oh, the wavering stupidities of me! Thank God, thank God for Mom, for letting me just weep and then getting me all set up to do the website (which will be uploaded this afternoon - what I have of it). But alas, poor thing!, now she's at a loss of what to do re: geneology? Oy!

Woke up to an anxiety dream this morning. *nnngh* Something about being back at FUS and being a teacher, but an asst. one so not have enough power, and having to teach my six seniors again but they were putting on this concert featuring JKR and I had somehow slept for several months and so a) forgotten my schedule and b) paid no nevermind to this concert I was supposedly producing, all the while I'm trapped in the dorm, squeezing my nightgowned way up and down this spiraling staircase that's choked by this humungous vine that doubles as a railing but makes ascent nearly impossible and....

Forget Freud. Dreams are just plain and simple weird. (Except for the significant ones, but we write those down and then forget about them until needed. Beyond which, I haven't had one for a *very* long time - and that's just fine! ;)

Right - so I think I'll make the bed look nice, turn over the laundry, plump the pillows on the bed, finish up some stuff on my laptop and then *sniffle* send it off via the box after putting in my contacts and spiffing up myself so that I don't shudder when I look in the mirror. Human again - I'll be human again! TTFN

Mood: The Calm within the Storm
Music: Something between "Human Again" from Beauty and the Beast, "What do the simple folk do?" from Camelot and "I have made you shoes for dancing" - currently the only song (partially) written for The Twelve Dancing Princesses (yes, another musical!)
What made my day: Jill calling!
What made last night: Making the icons for the webpage - the "headshots" one esp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home