The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Saturday, July 19, 2003

Beware the Patisseries of France!

My friend, Nick, formulated this theory while we were toodling around Innsbruck back in '97 that the French were planning to overtake the world by Patisserie. The idea, he said, was that since they'd lost out on everything else - currency, linguistics, world domination - they had decided to subvert the world a la enticing obesity and, once the world was pleasantly flabby, would take over by sheer metabolism.

I have proof of that. Proof circumstantial.

So I'm going grocery shopping tonight - great break to get out of the house, away from the dungeon of semi-cleared apt. and undulating piles of laundry - and on the list are bread and crackers. No prob. Except that everyone in our household is on a rather serious diet. Still no prob. - the items prove no tempting difficulty. EXCEPT that...to reach the low-fat Snackwell crackers one must wade through an entire aisle of cookies, munchies, popcorn, chocolate, cheese, chips - oooooozing with delectability. No, it would be impossible to put the low-fat Snackwell crackers at the END of the aisle, where one could simply nip one on the fly. Nooooooooooooooo...we must put the crackers in the MIDDLE of a dieter's Elm Street. Ditto the low-fat whole-wheat bread. Right next to the ice cream. I won't even mention the cinnamon sticks beside the bananas.

*hrumph*

In other news, the Sable Valentine looks to be alive and well. Must finish outlining it. It wasn't completely ripped to shreds by the ActOne group out here. Indeed, some insightful comments and suggestions. But then they're always lovely. :) Sh. stopped by ergo - Lord love her! - and had a delightful walk and conversation. Quite jabbed her ear off about Liam O'Brien, however (must get laptop back...must work on screenplay!). Stayed up until one last night making the area nearest the door a bit more reasonable. And - ta DA - found my Richard II poster with Samuel West. All Hail His Golden Blond Gorgeousness! He of the Sensual Eyebrows! No longer need I content myself with a postcard from the RSC - I have found my poster. (I have also found my hairbrush. And there was MUCH rejoicing!)

Ta.

Mood: Ich bin murde aber frohlich
Maladies: Meine fuB ist kaPUT!
Mundanities: Off to battle the laundry, however....
Music: I have found my Camelot CD! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home