The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, July 27, 2003

Moi, apres la deluge

I finally *did* break down and just sob - straws and camels backs and all. And so now I'm in that exhausted, dry, floating, bobby place - like the air after a really terrific storm. So, it's a no-go re: editing Bearskin right now. *sigh* I went out and bought a new cable and it works! (See below.) So I went out to buy a new firewire (not USB - my bad) but something *is* fried on my laptop and so it doesn't recognize new hardware. *poo* So, I'll have to pray that the box comes in tomorrow so I can send off my laptop and get it all squared away.

In GREAT news, however, I was able to download ALL my stuff onto CD (*angelic choirs insert HERE!*). So, if they need to ditch the old laptop and give me a new one it won't be that big a deal. (AAAAAAAAAAlleluia!) I'm going to bug Circuit City and see if they can't lend me a laptop in the meantime. (Please God?) Otherwise, in continuing good news the CD with the pictures from the photoshoot of Bearskin was left on my door today (love you Darlings!) and so I can at least build a webpage. (King of Kings! Alleluia! Alleluia!) And like I said, I cried my eyes out and so feel much tension relieved.

But what broke the camel's back or the director's for that matter? Turns out, somehow (most likely owing to the interference of an ill-natured Fairy, all the months shall be counted as 30...wait...) I managed to book a flight back from Michigan two days later than I intended. Augh! So I'm on the phone right now listening to annoying moooozak and waiting to shell out entirely too much money to at least up it by a day. Gah. (How in the world did that happen? I mean - obviously - I can guess at the mechanics of it, but I've never done this before! Oy! It's been a BIZARRE summer....)

So, please God - a little equilibrium? A little direction? A little peace re: Pirates of Penzance? A little direction re: all these other decisions? And a special intention - no snickering! - if You please? Danke. Ich leibe Dich, mein Gott!

Mood: Currently? Dealing.
Music: Mooozak a la Travelocity - but with the thought jukebox of Handel's Alleluia Chorus
Thought: It's not entirely pleasant to be caught in a spiritual cross-fire, but by gum, God I claim all this crazy set-backs for Your greater glory! Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home