The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, July 20, 2003

Schmoozing

I never thought that the things I didn't care for from my foray into Hollywood - that is all the schmoozing, all the "selling of oneself," all the pitching as they call it - would come in handy. In the theatre world. In MA. Curious. I've now done all three (backwards chronologically) to some success. I've pitched the opera/ballet to my lead and won him (thank God! :), I've acted like the world's most fascinating debutante at Readercon and seemed to have convinced a few people that I'm simply a faaaaaaascinating personality, and I've stopped being terrified of schmoozing (aka speaking to friendly acquaintances and chatting them up). Who'da thunk.

Of course, things do still tend to be a bit tense here. Squabbles, reams and reams of houseguests, conflicting schedules and EMPTY schedules which are somehow worse.... And folks who forget that people are living in the downstairs apt. and therefore just come down - which really can't be that begrudged but still...I'd forgotten what a frustration it is. Would like to say more, daren't. Perhaps I've learnt that from Hollywood as well. Need to leave.

Mood: More than usually perturbed
Music: Avril Lavigne - seems to fit
To Question: What constitutes intellectual property?

Sometimes you just need to remind yourself of something nice like this:

You are... 'Wait, this is supposed to be a punishment?'  Yeah, I'm a little confused, too.  Stuck on a beautiful deserted island with a shitload of rum and Captain Jack Sparrow... %
You are... 'Wait, this is supposed to be a
punishment?' Yeah, I'm a little confused, too.
Stuck on a beautiful deserted island with a
load of rum and Captain Jack Sparrow...
What's not to like?! If you want to leave this
place, you are CRAZY!


What random made up thought from Pirates of the Caribbean are you?
brought to you by Quizilla


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home