The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Saturday, July 26, 2003

The Pixels Protest

Right. I am seriously going to *cry.* I called back the company and got a very nice Indian gentleman who - alas and alack - explained to me how, indeed, it most likely *is* the motherboard, which means there's a very good chance, since it's a laptop, that my harddrive is ALSO fried which means it'll need to be replaced. So - tearfully but (wo)manfully - I put on a stiff upper lip and reminded myself that, fortunately, most everything *necessary* is either already in print, printed out, or on the net. Still...!

Worse than that, though, is that I thought I'd be able to at least hook up the DVD RW to Dad's computer, download the editing software and pray to God that the hook up I have from the camera to my laptop would work for his desktop. No go. A) I can't *find* my USB hookup for the camera thanks to the move downstairs and B) even if I could, the DVD RW only is hooking up to this auxillary tower that I *think* is Dad's D drive but which the computer is NOT acknowledging as even being on, much less having new hardware (aka the DVD RW). So *that's* a no go.

And I know - I know - I don't have to edit now. But my goodness! do I want to! I'm spoiling for a project. I'm missing Bearskin immensely. I want to *do* rather than just sit around and clean - it's mostly clean as is down here, barring the sudden absence of hardware! (AUGH!). Good God! What is up with all this? Lord! Do something! (And no tricks, You know what I mean. *sigh*)

How sad am I.

Mood: Again, cf. above - but in one word: defeated
Music: Just finished Sound of Music
What I Intend to Do: Make another sweep of the room, make one last bid to see if a new power cord won't work, buy another USB if necessary, call Dad at Stargazing Camp and weep.
Sobering Thought: Hitler, apparently, was also a workaholic and would go on these huge tours and rouse everyone and get all frazzled and so would then retire to the country to take a break. On these so-called holidays, he got even more frazzled and stir-crazy and longed for nothing but the *active* sort of overwhelming. May I use my powers for good and not for evil!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home