The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Monday, December 10, 2007

Glory Glory Hallelujah

I have finished, I have finished, I have finished. My project presentation for tonight's class that is. And I think it's super-duper and hopefully it will, in the words of Captain Carrot: "Prod buttock." Anywho, regardless, it is done.

The project/paper is, I think, going to be my senior thesis. Currently it's called "Liminal Mimesis" with a subtitle of "Embracing Theatrical Mimesis..." yada yada yada. Thereby satisfying the requirements of Academia which demand that 1) the title be full of huge, multisyllabic and obscure verbage and 2) the subtitle should be no better and much longer.

If I had my druthers, I'd call it, "Agape" or something much more to the point. But "hey, we should love each other to Heaven!" isn't really the title that my audience can hear right now, so we put it in gobbelty-gook so they can nod their heads wisely and think that I've come up with something truly unique.

As Professor Digory would say: "It's all in Plato! All in Plato! Goodness! What do they teach them at these schools?"

Tee hee hee. OK, well to be fair, the paper is about a specific way of loving each other in to the Kingdom of Heaven that hasn't really been studied, although it's certainly been done. In a nutshell, what I'm proposing is that far from fearing that our actors might take on their characters in real life, we should give our actors the tools they need to examine themselves and their character and make conscious choices about what they wish to emulate. That's still a lot of words.

But I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.

Mood: Rushed
Music: Mental mishmash
Thought: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaugh! The stress! The streeeeeess!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I would love to read this magnum opus - any chance of getting a copy?

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home