The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, July 22, 2007

A moment of silence

For the (literary) passing of Harry Potter - the series, I mean. I had no idea what to expect from book 7 and I'm still processing (I finished exactly 32 minutes ago). Certainly, book 6 saw a huge improvement in literary quality over the previous four, as well as philosophical improvement. But in this last book...HP7 almost feels as though it's the start of the whole series. As though everything before it was just backstory to fill the audience in until we got here, at the end of all things. I'd like to write more. I daren't for fear of spoiling. But I think I will trudge over to the CGF...because I feel I owe Rowling an apology (esp. when this nonsense continues - read the books before criticising the whole!).

Mood: Pensieve
Music: "Word of Your Body" from Spring Awakening - not too fond of the lyrics, but the music is So - Darn - Hynotic - !
Thought: Oh, Lord, help me put the right words together. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home