The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Good words

  • Be strong and of good courage, be not afraid, nor dismayed. For the Lord is with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

  • The word of the LORD came to me thus: "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you, a prophet to the nations I appointed you."

    "Ah, Lord GOD!" I said, "I know not how to speak; I am too young."

    But the LORD answered me, Say not, "I am too young." To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak. Have no fear before them, because I am with you to deliver you, says the LORD. (Jeremiah 1:4-8)

  • For I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare, not for woe! plans to give you a future full of hope. (Jeremiah 29:11)

  • Have mercy on me, God, in your goodness; in your abundant compassion blot out my offense.
    Wash away all my guilt; from my sin cleanse me....
    A clean heart create for me, God; renew in me a steadfast spirit.
    Do not drive me from your presence, nor take from me your holy spirit.
    Restore my joy in your salvation; sustain in me a willing spirit.
    I will teach the wicked your ways, that sinners may return to you.
    Rescue me from death, God, my saving God, that my tongue may praise your healing power.
    Lord, open my lips; my mouth will proclaim your praise.
    For you do not desire sacrifice; a burnt offering you would not accept.
    My sacrifice, God, is a broken spirit; God, do not spurn a broken, humbled heart. (Psalm 51:3-4, 12-19)


  • For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; If it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late. (Habakkuk 2:3)

  • Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say - rejoice! (Philippians 4:4)

  • Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. (Philippians 4:8)

  • Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:4-8)

  • What then shall we say to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but handed him over for us all, how will he not also give us everything else along with him? Who will bring a charge against God's chosen ones? It is God who acquits us. Who will condemn? It is Christ (Jesus) who died, rather, was raised, who also is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us.

    What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword? As it is written: "For your sake we are being slain all the day; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we conquer overwhelmingly through him who loved us.

    For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, 9 nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, 10 nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8:32-39)

    Mood: OH! dear Lord! Amen!
    Music: None. But I do have that new CD. May put it in.
    Thought: OH DEAR LORD!!!

  • 2 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    So I click on this link by accident because I changed the order of my links and didn't bother looking before I clicked. And then I realize that you are very very very stalker-ish creepy. Either that or God is very very very good! (I think I'll go for the God being good one, though). Bon, tres tres bon. Thank you! Every single one of those quotes was like looking straight into my own soul and heart and realizing that God really *is* there, and I'm really not alone! Don't you love the way He works? There's no more anger, just happiness, so I don't feel the need to run to confession every three seconds for every angry thought I have. Peace is good, no breaking doors! :) Okay, I'm done, off to write English essays! Thanks times.... a lot. beaucoup.
    Much Love,
    Jennie

    (CREEP!!!) just kidding....

    9:34 PM  
    Blogger Emily C. A. Snyder said...

    Oh, Jennie - God is SO good! (I'm not that good a stalker. I always ask permission first and that sort of ruins the element of surprise.) I love you, darling, and am so glad that God is so good for you. May He continue to keep you in His Heart, now and even during your essay writing! (((HUGS))), Miss Snyder

    10:41 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home