The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Note to self:

For future reference, if I am having difficulty getting up the energy for a play, if I am not yet excited about a play, if in fact I am so stressed I can't see the play for the rehearsals, schedule the best scene early. Yes - I am muchly more serene and actually excited and a bit dreamy over today's rehearsal of my favorite scene. I felt finally: "Ah! This bit works! The rest may be eh-ish, or good-ish or bad-ish or whoknowswhat-ish...but this is good."

Given the gift of serenity towards the end of today, praise God. Have secured cell phone for tomorrow so that I can firm up the last of my admin. stuff (gah). Still not enough hours in the day. Praise God - we get through.

Anywho, off to do more work and then to do a bit of editing for the Open House next week. Aie!

Mood: Stressed but mostly sedated
Music: Garden State - but where is "Beauty in the Breakdown"!??!?!
Prayer: Theatre in England, God! Theatre in England!
Far More Important Prayer: God bless Jay and keep him safe, God! Amen!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey -

Glad Kiss Me Kate went well. That was me that signed in the blog a couple of times. Didn't think it was working the first time, so I sent once or twice - Seemed like it took a couple of days to get to you. Ah well - Get some rest!
Will check in on pictures... What will you do next summer??
Tyler Dermot

9:37 PM  
Blogger Emily C. A. Snyder said...

I really don't know - perhaps I'll do a show, perhaps I'll actually take a break - or maybe I'll hop over to Ireland to visit distant relatives (an actual possibility).

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home