The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Ich habe multicoloured locks!

And shortened locks. Shortened to my shoulder and streaked blond and auburn in places. And oh so very artsy chic. And I am grateful to be living in a country where I can go and be waited on like a queen (for a queenly sum, granted). Perhaps this is the American dream? So long as one has the money, one can be waited upon? Curioser and curioser.

So, I'm officially chair for the Religion Department. Exciting and...curioser and curioser. I'm glad, however. I hope to put some organization into place - maybe, oh, have things set in advance rather than waiting around until the last minute? Yeah, that'd be nice. I cajoled K. into printing out the list of the Freshmen for me, for whom I prayed at yesterday's adoration. So glad for adoration. Praise God for adoration! (Indeed, is that redundant?)

He is so good. I'm still discerning, but I'm creeping closer and closer to simply desiring to jump into such a consecration. So, it's a good thing there's a waiting period in place for any sort of consecration in the Church. Keeps one from rushing in in the heat of spiritual ecstacy (or at least, spiritual ebullience - I don't claim ecstacy for myself!). He's been particularly court-y, woo-y. Gallant? Romantic? But I must say that it's frustrating to think of never being kissed, of perhaps never dancing...here on earth. It's silly of me, I know. And when I'm before Him, I can see how silly it is. But I am young, and I am silly. And indeed there will be time...there will be time?...there will be time. Oh, la, for Prufrock! No, that is not what I meant at all!

I've mellowing, existential, introspective music on. Not at all conducive to getting one's energy up at such an hour! The burdens of a worrywart perfectionist - I really have to learn to let things go earlier. They're better than I think they are. They're good enough for all practical purposes. (I have, of course, changed the subject drastically. You will pardon me for not using my linguistic blinker.) Perhaps I shall sleep. But I've Hugh Jackman's performance from Oklahoma! running through my head (watched it last night - fuh-WAH), and bits from A Walk to Remember (not seen again, but rather I was listening to two of the songs on the current playlist and remembering a certain part), and generally attempting to find a template for C&F's fictional romance. As has been mentioned before, thank Heavens for N&R&L - the comedic trio!

Whilst in and round and about HCH yesterday, I happened to overhear more Immaculate Conception/"Traditionalist" Catholicism/Priest bashing. Smiling bashing. Laughing with hidden claws bashing. Poisoned talons bashing. Ignorant bashing. Post-feminazist bashing. Summer of Love induced bashing. AUGH! "Had I a man's office...unsex me now...!" These women are Shakespeare's very women! They are seeking for power, they are presuming power where only powerlessness exists, they are speaking out of their ambition and their selfishness and their ignorance and there is no speaking reason with them!!! I know Cardinal Ratzinger and Fr. Jonathan and other priests have blamed themselves for allowing this second form of lay investiture/lay power-weilding (which has led to pretty much every single trouble the Church has ever found herself in - when the lay people aren't being IDIOTS, the Church is in good health. Once they overstep their bounds, they harm [although never destroy; we can never destroy!] the Church from within! - they are a very Medea...ooooh. Yes. A very good metaphor), and I will allow the priests their blame. Certainly, they've managed to teach us badly or rather not at all these past thirty years. But there's blame a-plenty to go around. And we, the Church, the Bride of Christ, must meekly bend to His will and to His ministers - and seek out, not blindly but with open eyes and eager hearts, His will. We need to desire knowledge of Him, or else we will never understand what He truly desires.

I don't blame my kids for caring less about God - they have never met Him because all of us have failed to introduce them to Him. But I hardly know Him well enough - I am one really rather stupid person - and I need these women to stop behaving like Eves and take on Mary's mantle! Oh, Mary, conceived without sin! Pray for us who have recourse to thee!

To put it in another one of Shakespeare's woman's (paraphrased) words:

I am ashamed that Catholics are so simple
To offer war where they should kneel for peace
Or seek for rule, supremacy and sway
When they are bound to honor, love, and obey.

Christian, hold your temper! And meekly put
Your hand 'neath the palm of your savior's foot
In token of which duty, if He please
My hand is ready, ready!
May it do Him ease.

Mood: Rassinfrassin....
Music: E Horo...and I'm off on wings of memory
Thought: Oh, I am tired and not tired and confuuuuuuuuuuzzled!
Thought Redux: Good thoughts on the unpredictability of writing. It's quite true - my sister often laughs when I say, "guess what I discovered!" when ostensibly I'm the one writing so I'm in control...right...right? Ha. Then again, these characters become so real, that Annie had a card game with them.... ;) But as He said to me yesterday, "Emily, you know how you love the characters you create? How they are real to you? How you wish they were real so that you could meet them in truth? That is how I love you." (Only more. Only more.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home