The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Now if I only had an orchestra!

I finished a first rough copy of the main melody with modulation and recapitulation for Greta's Song (see below for explanation and lyrics). The loudest English Horn is Greta's voice. Supporting instruments include a violin, flute, french horn and contrabass. I'm wondering if I couldn't get in some discreet timpani, certainly more brass, woodwinds, strings, etc. - but this will do as a template for now. Gee it's been a while! :D

The link is here: Greta's Song. It's a midi file so bear with it!

[Edited to add: as of 11:42 there is now also a timpani and orchestral harp track!]

Mood: Accomplished
Music: Greta's Song, silly!
Thought: I wonder if this could also be the song that they sing to each other in the beginning as well? It's haunting, and I'd like to think has SOME of the Slavic overtones that Bartok captured in his four dances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home