The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Monday, October 13, 2003

Thoughts Before Retiring

1) The cure-all of melancholia is to abduct my sister and drive about Massachusetts, looking at leaves and listening to her tell me about her story The Beast's Garden.

2) The way to maintain sanity whilst playing with Man Without a Face is to invite Jules to sit down there with me, just to be there, while listening to cheesy Sarah Brightman and wonderful Gaelic Storm.

3) Actors are low self-esteem woozles. So are directors.

4) I hate the current peer pressure to "experiment" with givens. It's not merely substance abuse, but matter abuse. Let's change the fabric of reality - and then define ourselves by a lie - and then maintain that lie at all costs, even to our deaths.

5) I'm thinking now that I'm not going to play with MwoaF as much as I was thinking. It holds up well on its own. So, tomorrow (hopefully - depending on what happens in the hours between work and going with Jules to see Robin McKinley), I'm so starting the tango. Hrumph!

6) And finally, MwoaF in low quality, as it stands this evening. Still must figure out a better way to do the sound intro, but that's a job for tomorrow. (Just a note: I may be removing these links in time. They do take up space on my server.) The link is here.

Mood: Meh.
Music: MwoaF...still
Thought: Why, if the proof of one's femininity has ceased a mere four days ago, does one have the desire to rampage through a bowl of Orange M&M's? Methinks I will stick to chocolate (and now doth chocolate stick to me!).
What Made My Day: Going out with Jules, eating Jay's breadsticks, getting the tickets for Les Mis (YES!!!)
What Ruined My Day: Being snippy - silly Em!
What One Hopes for Tomorrow: Quickness in meetings, fleetness of grading, perhaps a display of a certain latent knighthood....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home