The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, October 31, 2003

Bring on the boom bass

I'm in a crappy mood. Maybe it's detox from a running sugar high thanks to today's feast day. Maybe it's being waaay overtired with a bed sought past one ay-emma, the first day of one's "friend," a full day of circus leading, chores after school and more teaching, and returning to find that the basement (aka my room) flooded due to a maltreated washing machine. I'm making the latter worse than it is (see: overtired! ;P). None of my stuff actually got wet thanks to guardian angels bugging my sister and Lizzie to wash their hands and therefore find the mess when it was still just in the washing machine area. More, that garish McDonalds red carpet that Mom bought and put down there soaked up most of it. But Dad's stuff did get a little soggy (nothing like when the pipe broke last winter and Johnny's rugs were completely RUINED). And everything was moved into my room. And it smells all awful and moldy down here - and thanks to allergies and removed adnoids, this is also affecting me. So, we finally got all of Dad's stuff out of my room and I pushed my theatre stuff to the sides, and so I can function in my area again. I simply can't abide - not mess, but paralyzing mess. And not on five hours sleep. Poor Dad's completely stressed. He's got this whole issue regarding his "stuff." Anyone who touches anything is immediately suspect of not honouring him, of trying to throw away his things and therefore - presumably - his existence. Gah. Even moving his stuff out of my room!!! was an ordeal. He started yelling at me, and I know I didn't make things much better by putting on my calm voice which I know is threaded with menace, and menace greater because of aforementioned overtiredness and having spent all day dealing with hyperactive teenage boys high on sugar - well.... I have on Chicago right now - "Cell Block Tango" precisely - tee hee hee! "He had it coming!" Oh boy. Yeah. That's nice, Em - oy. Just tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired! Things are well, just incredibly stressful. I imagine if my parents were less grounded in God things would be far worse between them right now. Sad but true: I'm considering again that perhaps I would do better not to marry. My hormones knee-jerk react against this, of course - but would I be as childish as Dad? Would I have the patience to deal with another's inanities or be able to temper my own? It's all moot - "it is the cause, it is the cause" - whatever God intends will happen, and even in the daily crosses it will be better than what I would choose for myself. I'm rambling again. It stinks down here. I have a candle going - a rather strong one. I've sprayed Glade all around. And the molding spores float through.... Yeah. Whaddevah. Seek out thy bed, o foolish woman! Seek out thy solitary bed!

Mood: Meh
Music: "Cell Block Tango" a la the movie Chicago - MWAhahahahhahahahahhahah!
A Blog Actually Worth Reading: Church of the Masses "Call me Joe"
Thought: Je detest quand les amis de la famille sont voici, mais une ne dur pas sois gentille avec la amie mutual parce que donc une est "imperiale." Voila, une disparais dans la chambre pendant tout les autres sont en haut, riant. C'est imbecile, mais pour la paix, c'est mieux si une ne vis pas pour un temp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home