The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Sunday, October 19, 2003

Stupid, fat, tricksy...

...computer...

I ask you, how is it that my computer when it's working wrongly can make a perfectly good DVD, but now that it's working rightly it's balking at making or reading written (home made) DVD's? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Not much of a day. Went to Mass. It rained: walking a no go. Felt exhausted. Stared at the computer, attempting to coerce myself to edit. Put on Gerta's song instead. Jill called. I called DJ. I called Ash but she was out. I took a three hour nap. I'm still recovering from said nap. Drove Pete to and from the Edge. Watched my resume on the DVD player upstairs. Frustrated to see that the Bearskin file appears to be corrupted. Have spent remaining time attempting to figure out if a) the file actually IS corrupted or b) the computer's being stupid. My bet's on the latter.

Have been glugging my water. This is good. Frustrated with editing on Chicago DVD. Just show me the stupid dance people! Am feeling more confident having watched my resume (slideshows and E horo were still working fine, thank God!). Have improved. This is comforting. Ought to get together photos for Tues. night. Board meeting for Pirates Wed. Must grade quizzes tomorrow in study. Must start delegating for MND. Finished Good Omens - eh. Love John Cusack but hate his eyelashes. Stupid that such a thing is even a concern. Pity actors. Am wearing a dress for the first time in who knows how long. May wear a dress tomorrow just for kicks - and contacts, too. Can't believe that I'm actually anxious to get the residual perm out of my hair. Les Mis is sweeping and majestic. I have a huuuge CD collection. Can't wait to get Hippolyta's leopard skin vest/dress made. Must get 60 gig hard drive. I'm feeling like I'd fit in rather better wearing skin-tight black and white striped boat necked shirt and black pants with a black beret and shades, smoking a cigarette in a holder, my legs crossed and half a glass of cheap white next to my elbow, red lipstick smeared on the edge of the glass, the green bottle next to the bottle candle that's dribbling onto the checkered table cloth, while people around me speak laconically in Parisian French. Except that were I existentially there I'd be miserable. I think I'll put hellfire under DJ's feet for MwoaF now. Where's Robin Williams when one needs him?

Mood: Fractured. Ah, the strange effects of napping!
Music: "One Day More" from Les Miserables
Thought: Eponine! Eponine! I want to play her! *wimper* And cool idea to make Benvolio Benvolia....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home