The sporadic ramblings of Emily C. A. Snyder - devoted to God, theatre, writing, and much randominity.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

Host: "Hamlet to Hamilton: Exploring Verse Drama" | Founder: TURN TO FLESH PRODUCTIONS | Author: "Cupid and Psyche" "Nachtsturm Castle" & Others | Caitlin O'Sullivan in "The Ghost Ship" (Boston Metaphysical Society)

Friday, April 02, 2004

Thou bleak and unbearable world

So, alas, Les Mis is a no-go. Not horribly, horribly upset, curiously enough. Probably because I felt it was a - not a long shot, but perhaps a hefty throw - from the outset. So, that's alright. God has a plan - this is all for the best. He knows who is meant to be cast in what role, how He means to work in people's lives, including my own. And...this is the super amazing oh-my-goodness part: it's looking more and more like Man of La Mancha!!! HOOPLA! Oh, I've got these AWESOME ideas about pulling people in from the audience (cast members, I mean), about lighting, set, about choreography...ooooooh. ALDONZA! I'm so weird. I'm freaked out by Yellow Submarine and The Point and then get all excited over the thought of Salome or Bearskin. Ew...blue meanies! Aaaaah! Run away! Ooooh! You mean the Gypsy is really SATAN?...kewl.... Oy. There is a bit of latent goth about me yet. Good Heavens - "Dulcinea" is on. Melt me now! Oh, my goodness. Yes, I'm thinking costuming and who changes costume and who remains in this era and.... This play is resonating with me right now. YES. This is the time - now. Oh, Lord - may it go through! Amen! Right - must go give Julie a font. I know way too many fonts. At least it comes in handy now and again!

Mood: FWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Music: Man of La Mancha, silly!
Thought: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! Precious! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home